Red Jacket today and our commitment for the future.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Red Jacket today and our commitment for the future.
    Guys, I felt it was past time to give ya’ll an update in what encompasses Red Jacket Firearms today! What started out with a small group has grown into a major endeavor. At last count, I think there was about 30 full time people here, a few part timers and a few subcontractors. We feel that the TV show has not kept up with what's actually happening here , instead , focusing on what they consider their core "cast" and some of the wilder custom and R&D stuff that comes along . Ya'll know all about that stuff, I want to take a minute and fill you in on "the rest of the story" :).
    Off camera, we have two full production lines rolling in our second building and have just started dropping machinery in our third. This third building is larger than the first two combined and we're already wondering if we didn't sell ourselves short. The monthly growth we are experiencing typically happens in a time scale measured in years. This has not affected our commitment to detail, quality and customer service but rather has underlined it. The onslaught of orders, phone calls and e-mails was expected but it was also something that we were completely unable [financially] to prepare for.
    It's been a hard task catching administration, much less infrastructure, up to the demand and frankly, we're just now getting a handle on it. We're hiring people as fast as we can; getting them trained and on the line/behind the desk and we are still lagging behind our goal. The [supposedly] simple task of something as mundane as a "status check" turns into a nightmare when you're sorting through 2000 [daily] e-mails , 5 phone lines that never stop and a constant crowd at the door that just want to "take a look around" . BTW, it's a rare find for a "phone girl" that understands firearm production and assembly ;) . We plug the holes as best we can, dealing with brushfires as they pop up while doing a systematic overall and redesign of the entire process. Meanwhile, we march forward; new facilities, new machinery and greatly enhanced capabilities. Our 1911 pistol , Piston AR , D.I. AR , Saiga , AK and Vepr furniture line , muzzle devices , new designs for our suppressors and a full accessory line are merely the beginning. Expect to see them on the shelf nationwide. All of the above however are an interim step. We have long range R&D project’s, some you've seen in our proof of concept builds, some you'll see pieces of and some we'll need to hold close till fully developed . Every day seems to open a new door; we owe all this to the people bought us here, you, our customers. You have our eternal gratitude and our commitment to be and do the very best for you that we possibly can. Thank you, Will

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Great to hear a local business making it big(ger). Keep up the work and don't sacrifice quality for mass production :)

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Great to hear with expanding so much! I'd like it if when people hear Louisiana and images of AK 47's hopped up on red jacket magic pop in thier heads.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Great to hear a local business making it big(ger). Keep up the work and don't sacrifice quality for mass production :)
    Thank you man , that's our biggest concern . Don't worry though , I keep the boot of motivation firmly lodged where it'll do the most good ;)

moliveria

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Just picked up my Saiga 12 Thursday. Will's not kiddin. It's busy there and fans just keep driving up and keeping Chris and Vince busy. Phones ringing off the hook. Of course guys lookin for Stephanie. I was happy to get my shot gun. But will probably make a trip back when Will gets those but stocks in with the RJA logo for me to swap out.

Keep up the good job, Will!!!

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm glad to see y'all doing so well. I personally believe it's due to customer service, not just tv sensationalism. I was pleasantly suprised at how nice and informative my visit was. Steph and Joe took the time to make sure I knew what I was ordering, made sure I was getting what I wanted, and answering every question I had, being as I was a total AK noob.

As a consumer, I feel that customer service and product quality are what make a great company, and y'all seem to have hit the nail on the head!

Top Bottom