Red Star Adjustable Trigger (AK)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    I was going to post this in the shAK but figured fewer people would see it since it's a private forum.

I've been sitting on several AK parts for months and found some spare time to do a little tinkering this morning.

The Red Star adjustable trigger group was one of those parts. It took about 20 minutes of filing, polishing, and tinkering to get everything where I want it. It seems to be a really well-designed product and stout enough to last. I only wish I had a scale to check the pull.

If this thing holds up, it will SERIOUSLY shorten the weight and length of pull of my AKs. My only fear is accidental bump firing--that's why I'm using it in a 74 instead of a 47 at first. I'm hoping that the lower recoil will allow me to push the envelope on a short reset and pull.

Have any of you installed one of these?

9692041835_34af0bdc7f_h.jpg

Ignore the screw build please. I'll eventually get around to riveting her. :D
    9692040783_fb6a3d3972_h.jpg

Last edited:

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    I do the same with tapco double hooks. File the other hook at the point it meets the receiver and I put a spot weld or dill and pin the bottom of the rear leg. Makes them short reset on the cheap but takes some fitting to get it right. Haven't had a bump fire problem but you can make it so short the will stick on the hammer. CSS sells reduced power springs that make a big difference in pull also.

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Loctite the set screws or they will move.

This, I installed one in a nodak spud receiver and I love it. The set screws worked loose and the trigger pull got down close to one pound but it never doubled. Just reset the screws and locktite. A friend has one on a yugo , no problems , good to go.

Top Bottom