Redneck Armory

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Lake city and Winchester and yes I did know they where reloads.

sorry Bro, I'd not do a damn thing with the second box, except mark it "return to sender" and call and dispute the charges for that second package with my C.C. company. At least then you would only be stuck with the unused portion of the first package to mess with. The crimping is one thing, but inconsistent powder charges is what would worry me more.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    The crimping is one thing, but inconsistent powder charges is what would worry me more

+1

Not to mention the surprise you might get when you fire one off that has the bullet pushed in so far that it raises the pressure to unsafe levels. I wouldn't shoot another one if were me. It's just not worth it.
    I would pull the bullets and have a friend or someone redo them if it were me. Be careful!

Last edited:

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    +1

Not to mention the surprise you might get when you fire one off that has the bullet pushed in so far that it raises the pressure to unsafe levels. I wouldn't shoot another one if were me. It's just not worth it.
    I would pull the bullets and have a friend or someone redo them if it were me. Be careful!

I would take ten apart and wieght the powder if they were all the same I would think of just crimping them but if you had two were differnt out of ten I would do ten more if I got 3 differnt out of 30 I would take them all apart and think about

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I would take ten apart and wieght the powder if they were all the same I would think of just crimping them but if you had two were differnt out of ten I would do ten more if I got 3 differnt out of 30 I would take them all apart and think about

Crimping is not going to take the place of neck tension. You should not rely on a crimp in lieu of neck tension.

What was the outcome here, OP? Did you speak to Redneck Armory again?

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Muddy, don't know where you are located, but I do have a Lee factory crimp die, you could swing by the house, we could do an autopsy on several rounds, measure the powder charges, make sure they are in specs, check the bullet seat, and then factory crimp, would not take you that long, I also have a chrono to check ballistics, Tulse is correct on neck resize, but we could check that as well, if it is off, we can just start over and resize the cases

Do not under any circumstances shoot any of them without properly checking neck size and re-crimping them, if you shoot any of them with the projectiles even being pushed in a tad and the gases will be well over limits and blow the back of the shell casing out and KABOOM!!

Last edited:

kd5hlx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    I agree with tactical723, SigArmed1, Tulse Luper, and Bladebu1 . Those guys probably don't check their loads periodically, powder weights, OAL, neck size, crimp, etc. Probably shuckin'em out so fast to keep up and don't give a rats butt about the end results as long as the cash flow is coming in . I wonder how fast they will shut down and reopen in another name if a suit gets filed against them from their shoddy business practices . Damages could be miner to lethal from these loads .

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Do not under any circumstances shoot any of them without properly checking neck size and re-crimping them, if you shoot any of them with the projectiles even being pushed in a tad and the gases will be well over limits and blow the back of the shell casing out and KABOOM!!

excess crimping can cause have the same result.

I still say to send that second batch back, and dispute the charges with the CC company. If you wanted to reload the ammo, you would have bought the components seperately, and started from scratch, rather than mess with someone elses rejects. Especially since they say on thier site that the powders may vary. You might get into a bind by pulling all the bullets, and mixing all the powders together unknowingly.

Top Bottom