Reloading Component Group Buy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

whttnbrg

Dec 2, 2008
    St Bernard
    I spent 2 hours on the phone with them yesterday and another hour this morning. They raised the prices on our "Locked In" components. I argued continually that we were locked in, and they argued they paid more than our locked in price. Finally, I said enough is enough. This has been going on long enough, and I didnt want to deal with it anymore. I have lost to much already in this deal. I told them to cancel the order and issue me a full refund minus the restocking fees. The money I have in the deal will cover about 70% of the restocking fee, and I will sell off a few guns to get the difference. I will start refunding those that I can with what money I have until they send me a check. Then I will finish the rest off.

I thank you guys for trying this with me, but I am beginning to wish I had never done this at all.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    You may have mentioned it (sorry, didn't read through almost 300 posts :o), but who did you place the order with so I can be sure to not have any dealings with them in the future?

jajbs920

Sep 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    PLEASE post the name of this company. Why do you have to pay a restocking fee for something that isn't stocked or in their possession? Now they want more money...sounds like they didn't place the order and purchase the items from their supplier when the prices were what they quoted. Do you know a lawyer?? They need to be reported. How about they owe you interest for holding your money in their account for almost a year.

jmcrawf1

Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Didn't they admit to selling items when they were in stock and not building your order with it? Then raise your prices when they were locked in?

Bad, Bad, Bad

We gotta know who this is.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    If anything they owe you interest. You ordered and they did not provide the goods even after they had them in stock. Sounds like a small claims thing to me.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Black Hills

To be clear, he is referring to Black Hills Shooters Supply. This is a different company from Black Hills Ammunition.

When I had an FFL, I did a lot of business with Black Hills Shooters Supply. I am shocked by their behavior in the present case.

whttnbrg

Dec 2, 2008
    St Bernard
    I did a lot of business with them before this also. I never had any real problems either. Right after the election they were a little slow to ship on a few things, but never like this. What really burned me, is they never told me till after the fact that the whole thing would be back ordered. If they would have told me I was looking at almost a year to have stock, I would have never placed the order. Believe me, I understand supply and demand. I dont mind a back order of a few weeks to get something I want. I even checked the reps stories, and called other people I was dealing with and found they were having some of the same issues. I even understand the price increase. The restocking thing is what is really burning me up. Now that they have the stuff, they were expecting it NOT to be in the warehouse. So since I cancelled it, they have to deal with it. I am also thinking that since times being what they are, they are trying to hold on to as much money as possible. I am wishing I had at least put the order on my Amex.:rolleyes:

I will be sure that everyone of you gets back every penny that you put in. I am fixing to put up a few more guns for sale and all my stockpile ammo that I have held onto for the last year for sale. You guys may have lost the use of your money for almost a year, but you are getting it all back. I am taking the stupidity hit here for not asking if there would be a back order when the order was placed, and not cancelling it back in July when I got the 1st "2-3 more weeks". I am consulting with a friend who is a attorney, and have been for a several months.... He has been advising me to just declare bankruptcy and walk away. I have held on to a dead company to resolve this for all of you. I have taken personal losses to hold onto a dead company. I dont want anyone saying I took their money. So I am taking the entire loss here. Who knows, maybe Obama will start bailing out bullet makers in the near future.:mamoru:

TheWho

My Generation
    May 26, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Send me my money after taking out the restocking fee. If you want to send it in ammo, do it at today's prices. I can pickup in baton rouge. You have 7 days to complete this transaction.

cajuncutter

Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    Just to put anyone that may have any doubts at ease, Doug is a stand up guy and has come through with issuing a refund. I was in a line of others that requested refunds and I patiently waited. He will come through for you. I think it is crapy what Black Hills has done and had it been me heading this group buy Black Hills would be facing a legal battle. There is no way in hell they would be getting a 25% or 30% restocking fee. If they really have the supplies on hand they will have no problems selling it at an even more inflated price. Hell they have no problem pumping the price on a group that had already locked in. I hope they go out of business.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Send me my money after taking out the restocking fee. If you want to send it in ammo, do it at today's prices. I can pickup in baton rouge. You have 7 days to complete this transaction.

That seems a bit harsh dude. If anything, a PM or email with that kind of talk would have been the prudent choice. Posting that here seems petty.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom