Remington 700 Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onlyjourneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    I have an extra 700 in the vault in .308 and have a 11 y/o nephew that wants to hunt with me this year. My problem is length of pull. Here's the question. Can I get an adjustable stock, like the one on my RR A4?? I think I could get him to the scope and he could grow in to the gun until he gets "long enough" to handle a regular stock. I have a couple of youth guns, but I want to use a larger bullet for those "shaky shots". Any--ANY feedback will be truly appreciated...

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    DO NOT CUT your stock! buy the youth stock on e-bay or find one at a pawn shop and then cut,dice or grind on it! He will grow faster than you know and ready for the original stock before you know it!
    Super round and a GREAT rifle you have!

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    If its a wooden stock you can cut it. You can also buy a youth Remington 700 stock and just swap it out.

+2

Stocks are cheap. If you'd have posted a few months earlier I'd have given you one of a couple that I threw away. You should be able to find sps and sps youth stocks on gunbroker or most gun forums "for sale" sections for $10-50 depending on condition.

SPS stocks are plastic and will be very light. If that's what you have on it now then I'd butcher it up with the intention of putting a Manners or McMillian on it later. If the rifle is going to be used only by this kid then you may look into investing into a decent stock (wooden or laminate) with a short LOP to give him a quality platform to learn with now.

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    Knoxx Axiom

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-205/Knoxx-Axiom-Ultra-dsh-Light%E2%84%A2-Rifle/Detail
    aul_1_300.jpg

adjustable and recoil absorbing

Last edited:

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    My son is 8 and we just sold his youth .243 rem 700. He fits the Hogue stock that came on his new Rem 700 tactical alot better than the youth and hes no giant.

I looked all over when I wanted to buy him a 700 .308 with a youth or aftermarket stock. We went to the gun show and put the youth, an adjustable (dont rember name) and the fullsize Hogue and it fit him just fine.

Maybe try just adjusting the scope and letting him shoot it.

Here is a pic.

onlyjourneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Thanks all...
    This is a synthetic 700.
    I like the concept of the axiom Bladebu1--
    I TRULY appreciate all of the help.

Top Bottom