Repairing glock frame

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Recently acquired a glock and I need to fix a small chip in the frame. Looks like it was a cop gun, given the holster wear. I am guessing the gun was carried without a mag and snagged on something to cause the chip.

Can I use a glock mag basepad as replacement material? I have a few banging around in the spares box. I would plastic weld it in place, as i have plenty of experience with that tool. The rest of the grip needs to be stipled anyways, that will take out the various scratches.

Or is there better material to use? Not a big chip, maybe pinky nail size.

dmurph

Serious as dick cancer!
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Huntsville, TX
    I have had great experience with acriglass. It stipples well enough and you can get it pretty close to the same frame color, the plastic weld idea is also a viable option if you are comfortable doing the work. good luck!

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I will give the plastic weld a try. I did some contouring with a file earlier, so the frame is about ready to be fixed. Still trying to decide on a stiple pattern.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You don't happen to know where one could find this info do you? Sorry if i am hijacking the thread, I just think this could be important info for everyone to know.

$43 if it is not replaced under warranty.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Recently acquired a glock and I need to fix a small chip in the frame. Looks like it was a cop gun, given the holster wear. I am guessing the gun was carried without a mag and snagged on something to cause the chip.

If you want to ship the entire pistol to Glock they will upgrade the slide parts free of charge and evaluate the receiver. If Glock does not replace the receiver under warranty they will charge you $43 for a replacement. If you do not need any work done on the upper just send the receiver in to be evaluated.

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell

If you want to ship the entire pistol to Glock they will upgrade the slide parts free of charge and evaluate the receiver. If Glock does not replace the receiver under warranty they will charge you $43 for a replacement. If you do not need any work done on the upper just send the receiver in to be evaluated.

Hmm, I just sanded on it alot... Contured the tg and removed some material from the sides/front. I doubt it would be covered after my "monkeying"!!!

However, can an individual ship and receive a firearm from the mfg directly? Or does it have to go back to a ffl?

Top Bottom