Reputable Dog Breeders in southeast LA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    My GSD came form Top Notch German Shepherds in Mandeville. OFA good hips and shoulders, strong German and Czehk mil/police bloodline, and beautiful dog. I think Janie is sick now and no longer breeding, but I can find out for you if your interested. He's 3 1/2 years old and no health problems.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I also should mention these guys, my dad and my in-laws both have German shepherds form them
    https://kraftwerkk9.com/
    Not local, and very pricey, but the dogs come shipped to a local airport, and are trained already, just past the puppy phase. It's almost scary, they both picked their dogs up in a crate at the airport and the dogs were trained enough to open the crate, leash them up, and walk them to the car. When you order one, you tell them the name you want, and they will start training the dog to that name. Both dogs are beautiful, highly intelligent, well socialized and very trainable. For my in-laws especially, this was a must, the are older and travel a lot, so they needed a dog that was calm and required little training, and would be happy living on the road.Again, pricey, but truly a "dog in a box". This is a top notch breeder, you get what you pay for.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I also should mention these guys, my dad and my in-laws both have German shepherds form them
    https://kraftwerkk9.com/
    Not local, and very pricey, but the dogs come shipped to a local airport, and are trained already, just past the puppy phase. It's almost scary, they both picked their dogs up in a crate at the airport and the dogs were trained enough to open the crate, leash them up, and walk them to the car. When you order one, you tell them the name you want, and they will start training the dog to that name. Both dogs are beautiful, highly intelligent, well socialized and very trainable. For my in-laws especially, this was a must, the are older and travel a lot, so they needed a dog that was calm and required little training, and would be happy living on the road.Again, pricey, but truly a "dog in a box". This is a top notch breeder, you get what you pay for.

When I read, very pricey, I underestimated what that price would be.
    WOW!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Dude is now saying he's a Baton Rouge Police Officer and pulled all my information up on his police computer and is going to come harass me :rofl: Isn't that kind of illegal? To fake being a police officer? Or is it more illegal to be a police officer and using your power to threaten others?

xpOUVLo.jpg

:eek3:

Time to get the popcorn. Nevermind the dogs, I want to know what this toolbag is up to!

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    When I read, very pricey, I underestimated what that price would be.
    WOW!

I know, to much for me as well, but when you want a top breed GS dog that can fly across the country in a crate and know sit, stay, come, ect. at a few months old, you are going to pay. Both these dogs are amazing, and worth the money you pay for them if these qualities are worth it to you.

I guess I should add, many dogs can learn these things at a young age, but this company trains their dogs to the confidence level that the dog (a German Shepherd dog) can be picked up by a stranger at the airport, obey and become the household dog. You don't understand, these dogs arrive like a programed robot!

Last edited:

Dranrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2015
    Metairie
    Dude is now saying he's a Baton Rouge Police Officer and pulled all my information up on his police computer and is going to come harass me :rofl: Isn't that kind of illegal? To fake being a police officer? Or is it more illegal to be a police officer and using your power to threaten others?

xpOUVLo.jpg

Tell him if he pulled a triple I on you because you sent an email with which he took exception, that he broke the law. The bottom line is that he is not a cop. A cop would not do that, and if he did he damned sure wouldn't mouth off about it. He is a wannabe and a groupee. Tell him you are very sorry about his penis.

Bunk39

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    Bunkie, LA
    Can I hijack? Anybody know any Texas Blue Lacy breeders? Seems like a great dog for here on the farm and great reputation as a blood trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Can I hijack? Anybody know any Texas Blue Lacy breeders? Seems like a great dog for here on the farm and great reputation as a blood trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably easier to find a Black Mouth Cur in LA. for the farm.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Thanks for all the info guys. I was actually pointed to a good lead by a friend of mine at work. I called the guy and he was real nice and invited me to come take a look at his pups after work. Drove over to Robert and they were really nice people. Talked with him and his sister for a good half hour while playing with the pups and holding a few. Took a real liking to one of them that ran up and started playing with my feet right as I got there. Picked her up and she was licking me all over and chewing on my beard and just liked me holding her. So gonna sleep on it and bring him a deposit tomorrow if I still decide that pup is for me.

The parents were in great shape physically and both the mom and pop were super friendly and well behaved. The outdoor kennel he kept them in was quality built and clean as a whistle. All the pups seemed very happy and sweet. Nothing jumped out as puppy mill or terrible breeders. The price is a little high ($1000) but I rather pay for quality up front than have medical issues in the future due to improper breeding.

This is the ad he has on facebook

TEXT OR CALL FOR PRICING!! Pure-Bred German Shepherd Puppies of European Mothers bred for gentle temperament, high intelligence, exquisite bone & muscle structure, and extremely red, black, & cream coat. Accustomed to a loving family environment conducive to strengthening loyalty. CALL OR TEXT Cory at Quality German Shepherds at 985-687-4406 to ensure your waiting lifelong friendship. One-year health certification included. Don’t miss this opportunity. AKC and first set of shots.*A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself.* (Josh Billings)
    Looking forward to talking to you and answering any questions you may have!
    The parents of this current litter are Buddy(sire), Tiffany (dam) (5 Males and 3 females) & Cilly (dam) (3 Males and 1 Female)
    Our website: http://www.gsdla.com

And here's a pic I snapped of the little gal I fell in love with

7CXMNG3.jpg

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    :eek3:

Time to get the popcorn. Nevermind the dogs, I want to know what this toolbag is up to!

Oh he facebook stalked me and thought it would scare me if he described the only picture I have on there that's public. I guess he didn't realize I was an IT guy and wasn't easily impressed by that. He hasn't wrote back since I told him I reported him to the police.

T9h98Io.jpg

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    $1000 is not high to pay for a german shepherd pup. Did that breeder used to have a sire named Jerry Lee? The dame for mine was roxy at M&M, and the sire was Jerry lee form another breeder, but I can't remember where?

ok, shameless pic posting of my dog now!
    cpwmug9p5zs4rkxsve.jpg

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    beautiful dogs! Did you happen to get OFA hip scores of the parents? thats one of the big problems functionally with GSD.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    yes, hips and elbows, good rating on hips and normal on elbows if I recall correctly. I think you can see the x-rays on M&M's website, not that I can read them, but they are there. She can jump high enough to get both front legs above a 6 ft. fence when she is chasing a cat. If she were to really want over and had a good running start, I think she could get over it, but it would not be gracefull. She has cleanly jumped up a 4 1/2 foot retaining wall effortlessly at a full run, it kind of surprised me.

when I was young, we had a shepherd that had the hip dysplasia. It was very sad, that is why I spent the money and got a well bred one.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Oh he facebook stalked me and thought it would scare me if he described the only picture I have on there that's public. I guess he didn't realize I was an IT guy and wasn't easily impressed by that. He hasn't wrote back since I told him I reported him to the police.

If the dude is LEO, he needs a swift attitude change, but given those comments, I would be highly surprised if he was. I don't know where Addis, LA is, but I'd be calling their local PD or the BRPD and informing them about this dork.

And here's a pic I snapped of the little gal I fell in love with

7CXMNG3.jpg

Puppy does not look impressed :rofl:

CarronJ

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    I have a Doberman and couldn't be happier. He was from a mistake litter. The family and I went through 3 dogs before finding him. I have a rule that if the dog isn't working in the first three months he will never work for me. Goes for puppies to young adults. If you would like you can come swing by and meet him. By the way those dogs that we got rid of we found loving homes for. And the adopting families couldn't be happier. But we also work long hours and there is a special kind of dog that can handle that.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Top Bottom