required to stop/cooperate with store security?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Because this forum is rife with people who claim to be "experts" where law enforcement and all things legal are concerned who would probably **** themselves if a cop actually said boo to them.

Now I am NOT saying you are one of those, but understand that those forum members who are cops get real tired putting up with the showboating, i-toughguys.

And sometimes it creeps into their posts.

Duly noted.
    As in, they are intolerant of those people as I am of arrogance, assumption, superiority complexes, etc.
    I'd just for once like to take part in discussions here without seeing all the unnecessary.....assholishness.

Some seem to be more susceptible to this tendency than others. :o
    agreed.
    I worked as a deputy coroner for about 12 years, not a cop, but working under the sheriff and continuously in contact with LEOs in a both professional and friendly capacities. Qualified yearly with them and spent leisure time with many. Still have LEO friends, even family. I don't see that in any of them so I don't associate that behavior with LEOs as much as simply cross, unhappy people.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Why does nearly every thread degrade to this level?

adujyja5.jpg

I dunno WHY dat!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I think it's less about "sides" than it is about "groups".

Just as I don't see all LEOs here reminding everyone else how little they know about laws & life in general, I don't see everyone else calling LEOs Brownshirts.

I know I don't, anyway.

Okay, maybe just a little....:)

:dogkeke:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Duly noted.
    As in, they are intolerant of those people as I am of arrogance, assumption, superiority complexes, etc.
    I'd just for once like to take part in discussions here without seeing all the unnecessary.....assholishness.

agreed.
    I worked as a deputy coroner for about 12 years, not a cop, but working under the sheriff and continuously in contact with LEOs in a both professional and friendly capacities. Qualified yearly with them and spent leisure time with many. Still have LEO friends, even family. I don't see that in any of them so I don't associate that behavior with LEOs as much as simply cross, unhappy people.

On here it's very much the chicken or the egg question.

Who knows which side flamed the other first.

But I've been just as guilty in my defense of LEOs as the cop-haters have in their ignorance.

Seems like many gun forums bring out the best in both sides...........

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    On here it's very much the chicken or the egg question.

Who knows which side flamed the other first.

But I've been just as guilty in my defense of LEOs as the cop-haters have in their ignorance.

Seems like many gun forums bring out the best in both sides...........

lol, heard that.
    And who knows why they get flamed. If I was that sensitive I'd seek professional help.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Duly noted.

agreed.

Fair enough. and thats why I wouldnt chime in on a "why didnt the coroner do an autopsy on my friend when state law says they have to do an autopsy on every death" I worked along side the coroner for 8.5 years at crime scenes, and of those 8.5 years i spent 1.5 directly with them and watched autopsies of traffic fatality victims. But laughing and joking and hanging out with them didnt make me an expert. And when they told me the WHY, and HOW, I had a tendency to side with, and believe them.

People coming here looking for armed confrontations is what keeps your business alive. Its safer and simple to just show you arent stealing and go on your way.

Yours was a tough job i would NEVER want to do. Thanks for the service.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    It's real simple:

Everyone here is an expert.
    Everyone here is smarter than everyone else.
    Everyone here cannot stay in their own lane.
    Everyone here is tough and talks about what they're going to do, but we never hear about it.
    Everything posted on here by everyone is the truth.

I've been out in the street for going on 15 years and I love getting on here and reading posts about how police work is supposed to be done by someone who has never been the police or has been a reserve somewhere working 5 days a month for the last year.

There are people on here with high posts counts that think they know everything, but that's not the case.

I ask anyone here to look through all of my posts, and please try to find one where I attempt to tell anyone how their job is to be done.

I know my lane and I stay in it. You won't see me posting about how awesome an AR trigger is if I have never used it, how a doctor should perform a surgery, or how a pilot should fly his aircraft. It's called common sense and respect.

What happened here is the following:

A question was asked.
    A question was answered by someone with experience in the field.
    The answer wasn't the answer that people were looking for, and they got mad.

Par for the course...

JR1572

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It's real simple:

Everyone here is smarter and everyone else.
    Everyone here is tough and talks about what they're going to do, but we never hear about it.

I've been out in the street for going on 15 years and I love getting on here and reading posts about how police work is supposed to be done by someone who has never been the police or has been a reserve somewhere working 5 days a month for the last year.

There are people on here with high posts counts that think they know everything, but that's not the case.

I ask anyone here to look through all of my posts, and please try to find one where I attempt to tell anyone how their job is to be done.

I know my lane and I stay in it. You won't see me posting about how awesome an AR trigger is if I have never used it, how a doctor should perform a surgery, or how a pilot should fly his aircraft. It's called common sense and respect.

What happened here is the following:

A question was asked.
    A question was answered by someone with experience in the field.
    The answer wasn't the answer that people were looking for, and they got mad.

Par for the course...

JR1572

Yeah but tax dollars pay your salary not the doctors :).

MOTOR51

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    It's real simple:

Everyone here is smarter and everyone else.

JR1572
    Funny. Ironic. Believable.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    One of the first things you learn in retail training is nothing is considered stolen until it's out the door. If suspicion of shoplifting is really the only reason the guard wanted to detain your friend, I'm sure the he got a reaming from a manager who's praying this doesn't go any further.

Top Bottom