Reserve Police/Deputy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuzucan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2016
    Prairieville, LA
    Does anyone know if any departments other than East Baton Rouge have reserve deputy/police programs? ( I applied online for theirs). I am an Ascension parish resident, but would be interested in serving any local department that would have me. I am in my mid 30s, decent shape, no law enforcement experience, but do have active duty combat arms military service.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    This was posted on the Denham Springs Police Dept. facebook page on June 16th

Become a Reserve Officer!

The Denham Springs Police Department continuously seeks qualified community members who meet the high standards necessary to become a Denham Springs Reserve Police Officer. We invite you to consider a second career with us.
    Our class of Reserve Officers is comprised of community members who volunteer their time to fulfill many of the roles handled by full-time sworn police officers. Reserve Officers are generally not content to play a passive role in life. Instead, they continue to devote more and more of their time and talents to the City of Denham Springs. They *get involved* for the betterment of their community. Applications can obtained at the Denham Springs Police Department.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    EBRSO has a great program, they've been helping out a ton lately. Good luck with the process, I know they are starting a class soon.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Thanks, I applied there a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet.

As you can imagine, It's been bad up there lately, call 389-5126 and ask for Capt. Ruiz and just touch base with him and make sure they got your stuff. He's a great guy and should help you out as much as you can.

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    I went through the Reserve academy with Ascension last year. We were the first class in about 20 years. There are a lot of people still interested, can't say they will hold another one but they may. I really enjoyed the training and the whole staff is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom