Restrooms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Sounds kind of goofy at first, but it is an area where you have some extra concerns about concealing and retaining your gun.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEjidDyyn8U[/ame]
    Hey, I've got a challenge for budding gunleather designers out there: Some kind of a keeper that will stop your belt tip from going back through the loop when you unbuckle for sitting on the throne, tucking your shirt, etc.

Last edited:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    If you're in the stall or single restroom you remove the gun from your holster and set it atop the toilet or on a counter or shelf of some sort.

If you're at the urinal, you just keep buttoned and belted, and pull it through the fly.

Obviously I speak for the mens side.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Sometimes they hurt and sometimes they take... convincing... :o

But seriously, in multi-stall restrooms, I just don't like leaving it down there on the chance that some wise guy in the next stall sees it and tries for it... or just sees it. There's no reason not to set it aside for a minute, within reach, in a safe location, to eliminate those problems.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Fine, leave it in your holster and let it flop around on the floor.

The more you finger **** your gun, the higher the chance of shooting yourself.

Sitting on the john isn't the optimal place to do it and yes people have shot their legs, toilets, etc doing just that. Google it or search it on here.

And if you don't want it to flop, buckle your belt back around your ankles.

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    ok,

I'll admit i'm a little OCD sometimes... but if I'm using a public restroom for a dump... it's probably gonna be a code3, so I'm not messing around with my gun... it goes to the floor! :D

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    The more you finger **** your gun, the higher the chance of shooting yourself.

Sitting on the john isn't the optimal place to do it and yes people have shot their legs, toilets, etc doing just that. Google it or search it on here.

And if you don't want it to flop, buckle your belt back around your ankles.

Keep your booger picker off the bang switch and that won't happen.:rolleyes:

There's no chance of a gun going off that doesn't have a trigger pulled.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Keep your booger picker off the bang switch and that won't happen.:rolleyes:

There's no chance of a gun going off that doesn't have a trigger pulled.

That is not entirely true. There are guns that may go off if dropped.

Also, the trigger can be manipulated without a conscious pull. Things like jackets, belts, etc can get hung up in the trigger guard, thus manipulating the trigger.

Lastly, you could be attempting to move the gun opr place it where you think it would be safe, drop it, and as is human nature, reach for it and end up "catching it" with you figure in the trigger guard and it subsequent;y going off.

All of tht being said, I have done both. The ugly and desease ridden reality is that I have had to give birth to some Possee COmatosis' is some places that were not ever going to be featured in Martha Stewards bathroon edition if you know what I mean. Therefore, having my gun or pants even touch the floor was not an option. So finding a flat stable surface was what i did. However, I will agree in most cases, simply having the gun in the seat of your pants is usually the safest route.

Last edited:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Yea, I used some quite "absolute" terms in my statement, and that was probably not smart.

However, if you use a gun that is not "drop safe" as your CCW... you may need to rethink your choices.

However, yes, there are times the trigger could be depressed by foreign objects. Especially if you're in a hurry to expunge some Posse Comotosis' that you've been prairie doggin' for a while :P

Top Bottom