RETALIATION: Magpul, LaRue Tactical, & Olympic Arms against gun control!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LegallyArmedAm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Lake Charles, LA
    [LEGALLY ARMED AMERICA] Manufacturers of various popular products in the gun industry are taking a firm stand against states implementing any type of gun control legislation. Magpul, LaRue Tactical, and Olympic Arms have thrown down the gauntlet in a way that will affect jobs and tax revenue in particular states as well as refusal to service certain states participating in said gun control legislation.

Here’s what the three companies had to say (All 3 letters/announcements are included in full at the bottom page of this story.):

http://legallyarmedamerica.com/blog/2013/02/13/retaliation-magpul-larue-tactical-olympic-arms-against-gun-control/

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I applaud those companies for having the courage to stand up against anyone that wants to limit our access to firearms..

Of course there are some that believe this is little more than a publicity stunt..

I don't.. I say bully for the courage to stand up..

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    It sounds a little to much like Alec Baldwin " If George Bush gets elected I'm moving!" But still, I hope we don't find out if they are bluffing or not.

I hate to think what they would do if federal legislation was passed.

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    I think it's more of a "politics have consequences" issue than a retaliation issue. I'm sure the magpul workers probably love Colorado with all of its amazing scenery and recreation options. I don't see them adapting too well to a state like Louisiana. But there are certainly other western states that have not yet been californicated that they could relocate to, states that have taken political stands supporting the second amendment.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    LaRue and Oly don't ****ing matter. They're doing this for publicity.

Magpul is the only one with a serious issue stated, and it's not retaliation... it's /necessity/ - the ban will include /possession/ of the product they make, so they're gonna /have/ to move to another state if they want to keep making >10 round mags.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I think it's more of a "politics have consequences" issue than a retaliation issue. I'm sure the magpul workers probably love Colorado with all of its amazing scenery and recreation options. I don't see them adapting too well to a state like Louisiana. But there are certainly other western states that have not yet been californicated that they could relocate to, states that have taken political stands supporting the second amendment.

Plenty of other gun friendly states with amazing scenery and recreation options...

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    LaRue and Oly don't ****ing matter. They're doing this for publicity.

Magpul is the only one with a serious issue stated, and it's not retaliation... it's /necessity/ - the ban will include /possession/ of the product they make, so they're gonna /have/ to move to another state if they want to keep making >10 round mags.

chutch.jpg

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    LaRue's letter doesn't sound like they're taking a stand- It just sounds like they're concerned that their logistics team is too unorganized to prevent an accidental shipment of a rifle with a flash hider to the wrong people.

I read, "It's not so much that we have a problem with a potential suppression of citizen's rights, we just figure we'll eventually screw something up and get sued. Military and Feds, don't worry, y'all are still cool."

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    :rofl:

Or that whole "making sure the ATF thinks .223 is a pistol round" thing a while back, with absolutely no apology or care in the world.

Aside from their crappy products, that's the number 2 reason I won't touch anything with their name on it.

They are essentially the reason that 7.62x39 costs double the price of 5.45x39.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Too bad Olympic won't take a stand on making decent products.

I was just thinking this myself lol.

Doesn't matter! They represent a spot in the firearms industry, which is part of the firearms culture, which is part of firearms freedom.

You don't have to use their products to support their cause! When the dust settles, and Christ sake I can't wait; and the body count (analogizing here) is conducted on which states have caved, we are going to be able to measure the strength of the so-called pro-gun supporters.

Tough talk about supporting the 2nd Amendment is different than actually putting your money where you mouth is.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Doesn't matter! They represent a spot in the firearms industry, which is part of the firearms culture, which is part of firearms freedom.

You don't have to use their products to support their cause! When the dust settles, and Christ sake I can't wait; and the body count (analogizing here) is conducted on which states have caved, we are going to be able to measure the strength of the so-called pro-gun supporters.

Tough talk about supporting the 2nd Amendment is different than actually putting your money where you mouth is.

They have no cause but their own profits! I'm amazed you don't understand that. They are taking a false stand to generate publicity so people will buy their low quality products.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    "We won't sell to LEO in California" has a lot less meaning when they never wanted your **** in the first place.

Just an example.

It's not 'taking a stand' - it's a petulant child saying "Well we won't sell it to you ANYWAYS" after they were already rejected. So no, I don't have any 'respect' for them because of it.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    "We won't sell to LEO in California" has a lot less meaning when they never wanted your **** in the first place.

Just an example.

It's not 'taking a stand' - it's a petulant child saying "Well we won't sell it to you ANYWAYS" after they were already rejected. So no, I don't have any 'respect' for them because of it.

And even worse, this "stand" is to trick people into thinking they care so their stuff will sell.

California has had a ban for quite a while and people just started caring about it now?

Top Bottom