Revolver barrel porting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dosav

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Where can I find a gunsmith that can port a revolver barrel I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44Mag.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    i would contact magnaport. send it to someone, who has done research on port diameter / port angle / port placement.

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    I've availed myself of Mag-na-port's shotgun service (Pro-Port) on two occasions (12-ga pump and 10-ga auto) and have been happy with the results and service. I, however, don't have any first hand experience with their handgun service. Maybe drop them a note and see what they can do for your Ruger. Cheers. :)

marmy7451

Bill
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Livingston Parish
    My wife has a J frame 642 that was ported from the factory. The effects are noticeable especially with heavy bullet +P loads and makes it more comfortable for practice sessions with snappy loads.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Personally, I don't like ported barrels. I don't want the extra flash or noise pointed in my direction... They also don't help the value of the gun. I'd look into lighter loads and/or more comfortable grips or a gun with a different grip frame like the Bisley.

If you are sure it's what you want, Mag-na-port is known for quality work. You might check with Jack Huntington too.

Sent via the Pony Express!

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I had a S&W 686 Plus (7 shot) .357, limited edition, factory magnaported with a 2 1/2" barrel. It was nice, but a snubby that big isn't that useful for me. I sold it to some dude I worked with that I didn't like for a little more than I paid for it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom