Rifle/Pistol Home Defense Course

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I just wanted to pass along some info on a home defense course being offered in Liberty, MS. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_9_6/232301_Rifle_Pistol__home_defense_course__Jan_26th_Liberty_MS_.html

One day Rifle/Pistol home defense, room clearing, sheltering in place, movement to and securing family members, low light. etc.

Starts slow, basic movements, weapons manipulation, weapon/unarmed strikes, moves into basic walk throughs, room clearing with targets, force on force room clearing, and finally live fire on steel utilizing learned movement principles including a low light portion.

Course will be instructed by Irq/Afg Combat veteran and former USMC MOUT instructor.

175$ for course, 50$ non refundable deposit must be made to secure spot. Only 8 spots available, class size will be kept small to ensure all students get the attention they need for a class of this nature.

Gear required, Rifle, Pistol at least 2 mags each, 200 rounds rifle, 200 rounds pistol. Please keep in mind that this is a very physical course.

For anyone not a member of ar15.com and you don't want to join but are interested in the course, please let me know and I will put the instructor in touch with you.

I've taken this class before, and I highly recommend it.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Former MOUT instructor.....that should be some good training. When will the class be held? I am interested in more information

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Doh! That's certainly pertinent information.

The course is January 26.

He's very knowledgeable and experienced, but it's not a MOUT class. It's more along the lines of using practical MOUT techniques to defend you and your family in the event of a home invasion or similar.

If you would like to give me your email, I can have him email you, or if you PM me, I'll give you his email address to ask. Also, if you are a ar15.com member, just ask away in the thread.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Doh! That's certainly pertinent information.

The course is January 26.

He's very knowledgeable and experienced, but it's not a MOUT class. It's more along the lines of using practical MOUT techniques to defend you and your family in the event of a home invasion or similar.

If you would like to give me your email, I can have him email you, or if you PM me, I'll give you his email address to ask. Also, if you are a ar15.com member, just ask away in the thread.

What????? No grenade launchers or machinegun nests in the living room??? LOL.....I think that there is a wealth of information that the MOUT program delivers although not always lending itself to civilian usage. However, I am certain that civilian tactics based upon that mindset and training would be good information to learn and experience.

PM inbound.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I agree. The course certainly made this poorly informed citizen re-approach my thought process for a home defense scenario.

The instructor has posted more info in his thread, so I'll pass it along since I've gotten a couple of questions:

Will be instructed by myself, I was USMC Infantry/FAST company, MOUT/CQB instructor, and for the last 6 years have been doing private Instructing and PSD work in Afghanistan.

Send me an IM or email to lock in a spot.

Location is on Street Rd. in Liberty MS, private range, no range fees or anything like that.

Here is a link to the last class I think its archived though: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_9_5/231658_Home_defense_Rifle_Pistol.html

Lots of moving around, striking pads with rifle/ pistol/ unarmed, lots of practicing stance, foot work, you will be pretty tired at the end of the day.

Dont come expecting to walk up to line, shoot, go sit down.

RustedAce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Thanks for posting this up Captain Morgan,

I am the instructor for the class, and can answer any questions you guys have, either here, or hit me up on email.

Last edited:

RustedAce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Military, Operations, Urban, Terrain.

Basically I take lessons learned from that, and apply/translate them into defending yourself and securing your family during a home invasion type scenario.

The majority of the class is spent on movement, weapons manipulation, mindset, target ID, and situation assessment. The very last portion of the course will involve live fire, with each student shooting one at a time so maximum attention can be paid to each shooter. Anyone is welcome to attend as long as they can safely use a Rifle/Pistol.

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Are you planning on teaching this class again later? Sounds like a fun class!

I have to agree that my first thought of a MOUT home defense included bouncing grenades into my den!

RustedAce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Are you planning on teaching this class again later? Sounds like a fun class!

Yep, I usually do one or two of these a year, I'll make sure to put it up here next one that I host.

Edit: Course is now full, I will let yall know if someone doesnt end up making the deposit and a spot opens up.

Last edited:

RustedAce

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Ive sent all of you directions/ info, I am headed up there tomorrow, so if you have any last minute questions please message me before then.

See yall there.

Last edited:

DiggerP

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    The pleasure was mine Ace. After the ride back home I think only my toenails don't currently ache -- but worth every second of it.

It's a lot of information to process but I would highly recommend this course to anyone with home or building defense interests.

Top Bottom