RJF Ruger 10/22 bullpup stock--->Ps90/Magpul PDR look alike

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    When Will had the range and was on Choctaw I bought an AK74 from him. It had problems. He fixed it without even a negative comment. Now it's a great shooter with great fit and finish. That was 2003. I used to talk to Will quite a bit back then. I know he's honest and honorable. I suspect that they're having growing pains. They were a pretty small shop that customized Saiga's into Tacticool weapons. Then the show hit. Big Time. How do you hire a ton of quality people in a short period of time and try to fill massive orders in a small shop? I don't know. But I know it can't be easy. They've got to get handle on it if they want to maintain a quality shop and grow. I sure hope they do.

Dave

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Well, at 1700hrs, they dropped the shipping price from $45 to $27.
    Still not happy about that. But I placed the order anyways.
    In the order details, I requested that it not be shipped being I live nearby and could pick it up.
    We'll see...

I'll keep ya'll posted when I get it!! Time to go shopping for a threaded barrel I guess...

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    . How do you hire a ton of quality people in a short period of time and try to fill massive orders in a small shop? I don't know. But I know it can't be easy. They've got to get handle on it if they want to maintain a quality shop and grow. I sure hope they do.

Dave

Lota things going on at the shop, been hiring more and new people.
    They asked this one guy to be their logistics manager.

I'm thinking about it.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Wow...I hope there is something missing out of these stories, or at least a good explanation.

FWIW....I believe 60% of that link. When people post complaint-type things, they generally try to imply that they are the "poor abused joe-anyone consumer".....I was feeling his pain until the cussing started. If you've read any of my posts, you'll know I don't mind foul language in general, but I don't direct it towards individuals....if someone directs foul language at me....well that's a game-changer. Also, check the dates...he ordered when the show was, IMO, at it's peak. I'd imagine at that time that they had orders coming in from coast to coast. RJF isn't a "local" shop since the show. Before the show, it was a small shop. How are they supposed to keep up with demand given the publicity? Hire people? Like Nomad said, how can you hire a bunch of good people in a short time? It's statistically impossible. Eventually it'll work itself out, but it's going to take time.

My OPINION is that the people that posted in that particular link were late to the party, impatient and unable to relate to RJF's situation. According to the link, they were probably rude about it too. I'd rather give $$$ back than deal with a-holes....but that's just me...

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    FWIW....I believe 60% of that link. When people post complaint-type things, they generally try to imply that they are the "poor abused joe-anyone consumer".....I was feeling his pain until the cussing started. If you've read any of my posts, you'll know I don't mind foul language in general, but I don't direct it towards individuals....if someone directs foul language at me....well that's a game-changer. Also, check the dates...he ordered when the show was, IMO, at it's peak. I'd imagine at that time that they had orders coming in from coast to coast. RJF isn't a "local" shop since the show. Before the show, it was a small shop. How are they supposed to keep up with demand given the publicity? Hire people? Like Nomad said, how can you hire a bunch of good people in a short time? It's statistically impossible. Eventually it'll work itself out, but it's going to take time.

My OPINION is that the people that posted in that particular link were late to the party, impatient and unable to relate to RJF's situation. According to the link, they were probably rude about it too. I'd rather give $$$ back than deal with a-holes....but that's just me...

You are probably right, as I thought the same way about the cursing, its just not professional and tends to bite you in the ass in business relations. However, regardless of them being overwhelmed with orders coming in, if the guy (the one with the long and detailed post) was truthful in his post, I think I can understand his frustration. Any shop should be able to give you semi accurate turnaround time and he waited WAY longer than I ever would have before I would have canceled my order. I guess sometimes you feel like you are in so deep, you might as well swim, though. And if the girls that he spoke to, on the day the shotgun was supposedly shipped, did in fact refuse to confirm the custom parts on the paperwork or his gun because they knowingly were shipping him another gun to fulfill the contract, I would call Chuck Norris in on them. I am only speaking on terms of if the complaints were truthful, and of course, we can only speculate on this. I have nothing against RJF, and wish them the best. There is always 2 sides to the story, and maybe RJF's side is the one to heed.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    i_read_it_on_the_internet_so_it_must_be_true_tshirt-p235313963373367269zxj1c_210.jpg

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Resurrection!!!!!!

Just a few minutes ago, I received an email from UPS. Red Jacket has shipped my ZK-22 stock!
    I'll have it tomorrow! Yay me. I got it just in time to have no ammo to shoot. :(

Well, that's not entirely true, but unlike the "strategic oil reserves", I refuse to dip into my minimum ammo reserve.

FWIW, if any of y'all ordered one, my order number was 825. From what I've been seeing online, the orders are pretty much going out according to the number with at least 50/week going out the door.

Anyone want pics & impressions when I get my hands on it?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm kicking myself for not ordering one. I figured I'd be able to just grab one from the shop when they came in, but didn't count on me quitting before the time! I really want one.

A friend shared this on FB, and it made me want one harder. Not usually a fan of those garish patterns, but on something I think is a fun range toy anyways, I guess it becomes attractive to me. Like those weird-colored laminate woods do for some, I guess.

404965_4192628457047_955550074_n.jpg

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Do you know where he got it dipped? I have one on order and that looks nice!

I'm kicking myself for not ordering one. I figured I'd be able to just grab one from the shop when they came in, but didn't count on me quitting before the time! I really want one.

A friend shared this on FB, and it made me want one harder. Not usually a fan of those garish patterns, but on something I think is a fun range toy anyways, I guess it becomes attractive to me. Like those weird-colored laminate woods do for some, I guess.

404965_4192628457047_955550074_n.jpg

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Do you know where he got it dipped? I have one on order and that looks nice!
    No idea. It was just a 'shared photo' from Facebook of a random customer's gun. It could be anywhere in the country. I don't know anyone specifically, locally, that does hydrodipping, but I'd guess we have a sponsor here that does, or can get you to someone that does.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    lol I just realized what else it makes me think of...

Anyone else play call of duty? ;D It looks like some kind of prestiged gun or camo pattern unlock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom