Road construction sucks here.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Why does it take so long for anything to get done here when it comes to road construction?

Oneal Lane took four years instead of the projected 1.5 years. Hwy 73 where I live is nowhere near the summer 2014 completion.

I just returned from a trip to Austin and I was floored when I saw the progress at an intersection I use to get to my brother's house. Picture an intersection like Airline and Barringer Forman where Kleinpeter is.

Now, from August 31, 2013 to present day they have built an overpass with 4 lanes, put 6 lanes under the overpass, built a single lane right turn lane that includes a 100 foot long bridge and all signal lights are up. They also have poured about 1/4 mile of the 4 lanes going to connect to the toll road. Supposed to be ready to use by July.

So I ask. What the hell is wrong with our construction companies around here?

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    ......They also have poured about 1/4 mile of the 4 lanes going to connect to the toll road.........[/QUOTE]

The toll road part probably. J/K

You are comparing apples to oranges, the reason is Texas has their **** together.

They can't even get a pot hole fixed in lakeview.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Exactly. Hwy 290 is the highway that currently connects to the toll road. The are building new interchanges to keep things moving. I use the toll road all the time. $1.72 takes me 9 miles at 80 mph.

They also have 3x the workers out their.

Had to vent my frustration. Wish I could post pics here more easily.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I travel Oneil Lane every day . I never saw more than 4 people working on it until the very end . And one of those four was usually on his cell phone .

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Louisiana D.O.T. engineers suck. I laid some box culvert on Oneil years ago. Between Harrels Ferry and Walmart. Was a 2 month project. We found other culverts and drainage issues that D.O.T didnt know about. Took them 3 months to verify what we told them. Change orders totaled 3x's the original contract price. Late penelaties were waived. We made a killing off it. Thats the noem for state projects.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    jasonj5313 said:
    They can't even get a pot hole fixed in lakeview.

I call ******** on this. I've seen New Orleans get the orange cone in the pothole in less than three weeks! What more can you ask?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom