Road rage shooting in Nevada

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Full of fail is right.

Lady and Man have road rage incident.
    Lady wants to feel justified by hunting the man down.
    Lady gets both her children involved in a shooting, which ends her own life.

Sounds like that phrase about stupid games.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Now these new facts have come to light, the weepy husband needs to STFU and accept the fact that his dumb wife died keeping it real!!

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Idiots... #1... she went LOOKING for trouble after the altercation. #2... her "Armed" Son isn't an officer of the law and neither is she. No one mentioned anything about there being a weapon present or brandished at the scene of the first incident. What were they really planning on doing? Either way, she put herself, her son and anyone in the neighborhood in danger... as did the driver of the other vehicle when he opened fire on them. I mean, her daughter, that I could only assume was home could have been killed by stray bullets when this vehicle pulled up to their home.

#3... She let this vehicle follow her home??? #4... NO ONE called the police???

Just too many fails to even continue. Ridiculous.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    What I understand is that they had an incident on the way home, Tammy went home and got her armed son to get into the vehicle with her, they located the other party's vehicle, went back to Tammy's home where they were then fired upon by the other party. I understand she should not have continued to pursue the other party, but she was shot dead on her own property. If she would have let it go, she would still be alive today. But fact is she was murdered at her home in a drive by shooting.

She did respond incorrectly, but her actions didn't warrant the lethal force of the other party IMO. Why would the son be charged with anything? He and his mother were fired upon on their own property and he returned fire.

If there are more facts I am missing, please fill me in. From the information Ive seen, this is pretty clear cut premeditated murder. They followed her home, and shot her dead on her property.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    The son says he did what he did "to protect his family." From what? There was no threat at the time the mother went home and picked up the son. "that's all she was doing, was protecting me", says the daughter. Once again, form what? Then she says her brother is her hero. HERO? REALLY? More like just a punk with a gun thinking he was big and bad. If contributing to getting your mother killed makes you a hero, I don't think I want to ever be a hero.

And where was the father/husband when this woman came home and picked up the son? Now he may very well have not been home at the time. But if he was home, what kind of husband lets his wife and son leave with a firearm and a temper to go search out someone in their neighborhood?

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    The son says he did what he did "to protect his family." From what? There was no threat at the time the mother went home and picked up the son. "that's all she was doing, was protecting me", says the daughter. Once again, form what? Then she says her brother is her hero. HERO? REALLY? More like just a punk with a gun thinking he was big and bad. If contributing to getting your mother killed makes you a hero, I don't think I want to ever be a hero.

And where was the father/husband when this woman came home and picked up the son? Now he may very well have not been home at the time. But if he was home, what kind of husband lets his wife and son leave with a firearm and a temper to go search out someone in their neighborhood?

I completely agree that they made the terrible decision to leave and look for trouble. But from what I understand, they were followed home and fired upon on their own property. The son is not a hero, the mother got her and her family into a very dangerous situation. But that doesn't change the fact she was murdered in their yard. Again, if I am missing a crucial part of this story, please fill me in.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I completely agree that they made the terrible decision to leave and look for trouble. But from what I understand, they were followed home and fired upon on their own property. The son is not a hero, the mother got her and her family into a very dangerous situation. But that doesn't change the fact she was murdered in their yard. Again, if I am missing a crucial part of this story, please fill me in.

Had she not gone home and dropped off her daughter, then picked up her "armed" son, they never would have followed her and she never would have gotten shot. We don't know what else happened though... there's definitely more to the story. The son could have flashed the weapon, which antagonized the suspects and prompted them to follow her... or maybe they brandished LARGER weapons so the mother and son fled with the suspects in chase. When they arrived at their home, the same suspects that SHE just hunted down, then turned the tables on her.

Or they could have noticed she was trailing them, then followed her... as they pulled up to her home, her son jumps out of the vehicle with his weapon at the ready and starts mouthing off, prompting the suspects to then pull their own weapons and opening fire.

I mean, there are a number of scenarios that could have played out in a million different ways. They just picked the wrong door.

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    The big piece of the puzzle that has yet to be disclosed is when she picked up her son and they went looking for the road ragers, and located them. What transpired to make the car follow them back and open fire. I'm assuming here but it's likely hot head son with the gun decided he'd let them know how he felt probably while brandishing the gun. Mom and son feel they got their point across and leave. Road ragers decide they have one more point to make.
    Now I'm assuming, but thinking the mom and son went through all that trouble to see the car and turn around and go home is a pretty big assumption in itself.

Craig8sm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Remember you're only getting half a story right now. When the other people are located things will become a little more clear.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I can see that occurring, son threatens with the firearm at home and antagonizes the other party. Just haven't seen or heard anything confirming that yet. I am not defending the poor decision made by the family by any means. I defiantly see how they got themselves into this situation, but I just don't know what caused the other party to pull the trigger. Was it in defense because they were being threatened by the son? Or was it because they were pissed off that this woman was following around?

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    100% fail, on all sides. The murderer shouldn't have raged. The mother shouldn't have told her son to get his gun and come with her. They shouldn't have gone out to find the ragers. I'm sure whatever went down when they found them, was also fail. And the ragers shouldn't have killed her. Now a family is without their mother, all because she couldn't just walk away.

Oh, and to nolaradio- it says in the story that the husband was out of town at the time.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    100% fail, on all sides. The murderer shouldn't have raged. The mother shouldn't have told her son to get his gun and come with her. They shouldn't have gone out to find the ragers. I'm sure whatever went down when they found them, was also fail. And the ragers shouldn't have killed her. Now a family is without their mother, all because she couldn't just walk away.

Oh, and to nolaradio- it says in the story that the husband was out of town at the time.

I agree with you all the way. But without proof that the ragers were somehow acting in self defense, this is murder.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Road rage incidents really blow my mind. Cutting you off in traffic is not a crime. It's not illegal to be a total douche. No law is broken if someone rolls down the window and dog-curses you and your dead grandma. So obviously the thing to do is strap up and go looking for the other party and let them know that you can be more "ragey" than them. I've seen some REALLY STUPID STUFF in road rage incidents, people blocking the other party's vehicle in a parking lot to prevent them leaving over a lane change and some curse words, walking up and banging on windows, jumping out with bats and tire irons, and brandishing of firearms (once against an off-duty FBI agent, ending with arrest of said dumbass). What makes people risk so much over such stupid crap is beyond me.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My grandfather was a wise old man. Something he use to say when I was a kid keeps ringing in my ears over this event.

"One thing you can always find if you decide to look for is trouble. Plenty to go around. What I don't understand is who would want it."

Looks to me like they found it alright.

I also have a feeling there's more to the story that hasn't been told.

Last edited:

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I always tell people. There is always someone who is bigger, stronger, and in this case dumber and crazier than you. Sooner or later you run into them.

Top Bottom