Room-mates

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    So, I had a few friends over, and we had drank a few. But one of the girls works for the FBI and has ZERO understanding of guns, yet she showed interest in handling/learning about "guns".

That being said, I unloaded the pistol and brought it out for her to handle, and basically introduce her to firearms. She remarked that it was "heavy". So she asked what was the difference between it and a rifle. Easy, you think... so I grab the Browning to demonstrate.

I grab the rifle, drop the mag, check the chamber and it was at this point that roommate comes out, all in an up-roar: "Hey, I thought we had house rules... no playing with loaded guns when there's drinking!"

For one... I am/was sober.

For two... the gun(s) were/was empty.

Now, I'm sitting here, reloading my mags thinking, "this would've been a great educational experience had it not been for this ignorant, untaught individual." Yet, it was spoiled by a misunderstanding over-reactor.

And for the record, there was never any "House Rule" about handling guns after drinking. It has always been understood, as a primary rule of firearm safety that it simply was not done.

Anybody ever had a similar experience?

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    she held the xd like a gang-banger... possibly got wet, but no... there was no sticking of it to the pooter.
    Should have been smooth with it.

Here's my Springfield; here's my Browning; now here's my Johnson.:naughty:

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I was thinking the same thing as spany when I first started reading this thread. I was waiting for someone or something to get shot.

I don't know what to say for ya though pal. You say "We had been drinking" then that you are/were sober. I generally don't like guns to be out at all after alcohol has been consumed by anyone. Especially people new to guns. I'm a little more lax with people who I know to be able to safely handle guns, but I'm still a little uneasy.

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    I agree, once the alcohol comes out, the guns stay put away. You talk about this being a "great educational experience," but you start by teaching her that it's OK to handle guns while drinking.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    You didnt tell her that you were an FBI agent yourself a Female Body Inspector and that you would be doing the nation a great injustice if you didnt do your job?

I know cheesy

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    When we drink, guns stay put up, even if I am "sober." Even if you aren't the problem, the problem may be someone else. You should have just offered to show her and take her shooting sometime. Tell her you'll even pay the fees just to get someone new exposed to shooting.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I spoke with a fellow at the IDPA match yesterday who said he quit coming here because of what he called the "MQ". I had to ask, of course. MQ stands for "moron quotient".

Another acquaintance up in Monroe told me basically the same thing last year.

Well, as long as it's the morons (and not the dimwits) that are bothering them ..................

Last edited:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Was she an actual Special Agent? or maybe a civilian secretary who works at a local FBI substation? I can assure you that to graduate the Academy as a SA, you need to demonstrate weapon proficiency/"understanding" to a level waaay north of Zero! ;)

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    One man's moron is another man's genius. We're the ones better off for loosing the fellows that think we have a "MQ" problem here.

Hey, wait a minute. I think the man just called me a genious.

Preach on, brother.

Oh, wait .................. he didn't say "dimwit." He said "moron."

Disregard ....as you were.

Top Bottom