Rossi Stainless 5 shot snub nose revolver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixgundunn

Wheelgunner
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    New Orleans
    I have a never fired Rossi 5 shot stainless steel revolver with rosewood grips that went under in Katrina. It has the firing pin on the hammer. It was purchased new by me in the late 1990's. I took it apart, oiled it, used Flitz polish on the finish and it cleaned up very well. It looks like new and seems to function well with one exception - the cylinder turns freely when the hammer is down. The lockup is tight when the hammer is cocked and the timing seems good in single and double action. Is it safe to fire like this? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If it has no "SING" then you're going to need someone to look at it. Firing it will be a big mistake. It's probably just that the ball of stop (in a colt it's called a coil infer time engagement) has corroded and there a couple of parts that need to be changed out. It could also just be the return spring on it. Not sure where you're located but if you're in the Baton Rouge area you can swing by and I'll take a look at it for you.

Top Bottom