Rotors turned.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm in need of having some rotors turned on my car and was wondering if anyone knows someone in the Metairie/Kenner area that does it?

Thanks

Check the prices. I went to change my brakes recently and realized one side rubbed into the rotor.
    Called around to see about getting them both turned and found out that for $10 more I could just buy brand new rotors.

I used to get my rotors turned on my first truck 15 years ago for like $10 a Rotor.
    Now days, from where I called, they want anywhere from $20 to $30 per Rotor.

So call an Auto parts store first and find out the price on new ones
    and compare to the local guy who turns them. You may be surprised.

Last edited:

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    China may be your friend after all! The "Made in China" rotors have really hurt the sale of brake lathes.

I don't know what you are driving but the exception to the replacing the rotor is some oddball unit with a hub or bearing made on it. Keep in mind the machine shop charges more to mill those. Price around.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Actually all the made in china rotors should be turned before instalation. They are never true right out the box.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Also some rotors are so close to the minimum when new the easiest thing is to buy new ones and be done. I have seen some rotors that won't pass the minimum thickness for the first brake job.

Mullers in Westwego turns them. Don't know about Metairie / Kenner.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Check the prices. I went to change my brakes recently and realized one side rubbed into the rotor.
    Called around to see about getting them both turned and found out that for $10 more I could just buy brand new rotors.

I used to get my rotors turned on my first truck 15 years ago for like $10 a Rotor.
    Now days, from where I called, they want anywhere from $20 to $30 per Rotor.

So call an Auto parts store first and find out the price on new ones
    and compare to the local guy who turns them. You may be surprised.

This

Top Bottom