Runaway Slave movie opening Aug 24 @ Elmwood (Harahan)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans

I've been looking forward to this movie for a while, but it hasn't been showing anywhere close to me until now, so I'll be at Elmwood on opening night. Anybody else interested in going?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wow...Looks interesting.

I'm quite sure the Hollywood leftists have already blacklisted this one....:rolleyes:

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    I went and saw it, and it is a great movie. Very interesting, and not boring at all. The reviews are absolutely correct, this is a must see movie.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    This movie will change nothing. The people getting a government check will no give it up to get a job to try and make a better life for themselves. They will continue to vote for the people that will give them more.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    You're looking at the tree, but not seeing the forest. The fact that this movie was made means that the change has already started. The movie isn't a clarion call, it is an acknowledgment that parts of the black community are waking up to the knowledge that they have been sold down the river.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    It's labeled as a documentary, but it is anything but boring. It basically explores the reasons blacks vote democratic, despite the fact that the Democratic party has re-enslaved the black community and made them beholden to the government teat.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    While the subject matter of documentaries can be interesting, more often than not the presentation leaves a little something to be desired. A dude in front of a blackboard speaking in a monotone is not what I want to watch for two hours, no matter how interesting the subject. This movie doesn't do that: the editing is fast paced, CL Bryant is a dynamic speaker (and a native Louisianian), the music is catchy, the people he interviews are articulate; it's more infotainment than documentary.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Why do I get the impression that many feel that documentaries = boring? To me, that says a lot. :(

I was about to drop my netflix b/c of their lack of classic movies. I found the documentaries, and am a born-again netflix fan. Documentaries comprise about 75% of my tv viewing; as Joe Rogan has mentioned, "I've learned more from documentaries than all my years in school." My 9 year old son watches them along with me, and can tell you all about Good Korea/Naughty Korea, Syria, Kosovo, Lybia, Saudi, Israel/Palestine, quantum physics, astronomy, futurism, 9/11, and the direction alternative energy is going.

Some recently watched favorites:

The world without US
    Zeitgeist(not for children, dead bodies in the beginning)
    Transcendent Man(not on netflix but a good download from the site for a little $, if you're a futurist fan)
    Beyond Survival w/ Les Stroud

Anyone has any more recommendations, throw em up!

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    I went to see 2016 last week and was very glad I did. I really want to see this as well, but dont know if it is playing anywhere close by. The closest listed on the website is in Harrahan...:(

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    Watched 2016 last weekend, and they're two very different movies. FWIW, I thought this was a more fun to watch movie, and the content will still be pertinent long after the election is over. Point might be moot, though, since it definitely isn't playing at Elmwood anymore. I'm not sure where it's playing around here, or if it is even still in theaters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom