Running for Beauegard Parish Assessor.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    So I am running for Beauregard Tax Assessor. I'm running on the platform that if Elected I will do everything possible to make property taxes voluntary. This is because I feel that property taxes in essence destroy property rights and turn owners into long term renters. Any questions feel free to ask, if you want to help out in any way and live in Beauregard Parish, PM me. If you want to donate to the campaign PM me. If you want to Vote fore me on OCT 22 my name is Paul Soileau. Thanks
    I don't know any rules against this so mods If I need to change something let me know.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Good luck Paul! Get me the phone numbers of the 13 other people that live in Beauregard Parish and I will put in a good word for you.:mamoru:

Seriously, Good Luck! That platform should definitely get you in.

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    Good luck Paul! Get me the phone numbers of the 13 other people that live in Beauregard Parish and I will put in a good word for you.:mamoru:

Seriously, Good Luck! That platform should definitely get you in.
    Yeah I went door to door yesterday and was done by 10:00 AM :). Really I did not realize there was over 9000 registered voters in the Parish till I looked into sending out a mailer. YIKES.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I see your signs everyday in Dry Creek across from the Store. For the rest of you, yes it's the ONLY store around, he knows which store I'm talking about :rofl:

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    The duty of the tax assessor is to assess property value, not to impose or do away with property taxes.
    In our Parish, the taxes are collected by the Sheriff. I just won't send any paperwork to the sheriff and I will not seize any persons property that does not pay. No person should loose their home because they can't afford the taxes.
    Yeah thats not me Hitman but if you have some friends in Beaurgard that want a sing let me know.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    In our Parish, the taxes are collected by the Sheriff. I just won't send any paperwork to the sheriff and I will not seize any persons property that does not pay. No person should loose their home because they can't afford the taxes.
    Yeah thats not me Hitman but if you have some friends in Beaurgard that want a sing let me know.

But how long would you stay if office if you didn't do your job? Wouldn't that be illegal?

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

Similar to what charlie said. . . you would be running for assessor in order to not assess?

Also, to my knowledge, the assessor does not seize property, the sheriff does.

While your cause may be noble, the logistics of the matter would not be terribly fruitful should you succeed.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Rooster I respect your ideology, but I just don't see that working out. You'd be preventing the parish from receiving tax revenues it depends on to function. That can't end well.

And I agree no one should lose their home because they can't pay the taxes, but if you give people the option not to pay and watch how many people magically "can't" afford the bill all of a sudden. How will you determine who really can and can't pay?

By all means...run for the office and do good things, but I'd be a little more realistic in your goals for the position.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    So, what are your plans? What kind of changes?

I heard about an assessors office up north that had an interesting plan. If you think your property is over assessed, you file an appeal. If the second time its over assessed you can file a report insisting the county buy the property for the assessed value! That keeps the assessor from overcharging.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i agree with the political stand point, but im not aware that we even need a parish assesor... shouldn't the private market dictate property value?

Top Bottom