Running Route/Track in Livingston area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Anyone run in the Livingston area and know any good routes or tracks? Walker to Holden. I don't want to spend $45 a month for Anytime Fitness when all I would use there would be the treadmill, since I have my own weights for P90X. I did a quick google search and only found one route in Walker, but figured I'd ask here if anyone knew of anything google did not know about. I need to get a 1.5 mile run down to under 11 minutes for the AF EOD PAST, and I'm no where near that condition any more.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    IIRC, Livingston has some fairly large recreation areas and I bet they have perimeter roads which might suffice.

Check them out.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    We have a sidewalk through pretty much the whole town. And in the plus side, you will likely not be a victim of an armed robbery :)

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Another one for Livingston. We have a sidewalk that runs around a considerable portion of 'downtown' Livingston. Constantly people out there running, walking, etc. Gotta watch out for the crazy teenage girls riding gas scooters and golf carts down them though :shocked:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Thanks for the site, LaVern. Most of the routes mapped out in Livingston are a bit long for my needs, but I may build one on there that will better suit me.

I've never seen people running in Livingston, honestly. Maybe I don't get out enough, or maybe just not at the right times. Having lived near LSU for the last 2.5 years, it was weird NOT seeing people running all hours of the day, but now that I'm back home, I almost feel like I'd get some funky looks running through neighborhoods and down 63. Oh, well. I have to do it, my run time isn't getting faster by being lazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom