Russia stops all ammunition exports to the u.s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    And either way it was cheaper than I've bought 7.62x39 in almost 2 years. But I guess not everyone has a full auto AK that they like to shoot on weekends

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Where do y'all buy the steel ammo from? I only get it
    From cabelas. I like the red army stuff but shipping is always killing that deal.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Do consumers ever stop to consider that they are being played by manufacturers/importers/distributors (not to mention the NRA)? They know that these scares are BS and are temporary, which is why they don't bother ramping up production or expanding their production facilities. Continuing to buy into the panic only serves to fatten their wallets and make it more difficult for us to enjoy the sport. It's exhausting and disgusting at the same time.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    This just in the USFS has introduced an Executive Order banning the processing of
    Cypress trees into lumber! This is it folks. Panic.

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    For the past few weeks, I've noticed that big stores like Academy and Wally World have had a glut of 7.62x39 and that prices have been steadily coming down towards ~$5.15 or so. I wonder if this would cause the panic buyers to strip the shelves clean.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Went to Academy in slidell last night and yes 762x39 gone. They had cases 2 days ago

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    Just came back from the Prairieville Wally World, and there's still a good amount of Tula 7.62x39. I guess the idiots didn't reach it yet.

(also, there's a ton of fed 9mm 100 packs for 25.77 there, in case anyone is interested)

Last edited:

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This just in the USFS has introduced an Executive Order banning the processing of
    Cypress trees into lumber! This is it folks. Panic.

It's become an environmental issue. Greenpeace and Sierra Club have beating the drum for years and it looks like they've finally been able to convince the pols that bald cypress is an endangered species. On one hand, they are right- the growing popularity of television shows like Swamp Loggers, Ax Men, ESPN Lumberjack World Championships (http://www.lumberjackworldchampionships.com/) and live dinner shows like Lumberjack Feud (http://lumberjackfeud.com/) has caused a spike in the popularity of cypress, such that the supply of old growth sinker cypress is essentially diminished, and therefore, consumers have been buying up all the new growth timber. As you know, trees grow slow, so the Forestry Service has stepped in, joined with the EPA, and finally placed an all out ban on domestic cypress harvesting, with few exceptions. This is a bad thing for people who enjoy beautiful, handcrafted, Louisiana-centric furniture.

The good news, is that I was able to snag a few of the last, premium batches of cypress that have been air drying. This lumber is ready to be milled into traditional or modern styled tables, benches and other pieces. If anyone is interested in having something made, please contact me asap, as the supply is already starting to run out the door. This is likely the last opportunity that you will ever have to order a classic piece of furniture custom built to your specs from Louisiana's state tree. I am also offering the lumber "in the rough" if anyone is interested in picking up a few planks for a SHTF situation.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    By Golly JC,

We need to talk, I'm thinking of mounting a deer skull on the butt end of a cypress tree cutting about 3'' thick and finished !

I have a few 22lr's for trade ?

I hear it's equal to gold in weight or equal to cypress ?

Attachments

• rack 003 (800x600).jpg
      rack 003 (800x600).jpg
      43.8 KB · Views: 57

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Meh, cypress is overrated, I much prefer the distinguished flair of particle board. On the other hand, oriented strand board and it's soft flowing grain, gives a true rustic quality to any fine piece of furniture.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom