Russian Submarine in the Gulf

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA

That article is very inaccurate in regards to technology and written by someone who thinks Russian technology is 3rd world.

Apparently he's unaware that Russia successfully tested radar cloaking technology on a jet that was only detected when it was within visual range.

Russian technology is nothing to snub- they may not have the manufacturing capacity that we do, but they can make a sub very very technologically strong.

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    Who cares?

I mean honestly who cares? Of course the US didnt know about it, why would we waste money trailing every single sub that comes out of a Russian port? I mean its not like the Russians are going to just nuke us without warning. Id be more concerend with the situation in Iran and North Korea. Lets face it, all attack subs are designed to hunt and kill enemy subs, this just wasnt a big deal.

Last edited:

SlimPickins

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    This discussion was had here since I joined and several people say that the US Navy can and does have knowledge of all Soviet Subs. I can't get the search function to find the thread for me.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Exactly where did this story start. If the Navy didn't detect it than who did and how would they know the Navy didn't. May be some shrimper from Grand Isle caught it in his net. I know, it was Boudreaux.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    vigzfwp8pvmhup01u9.jpg

occunknown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ringgold
    I was in Key West in 1970 and saw a Russian sub surface on the south end. I would say in 15 minutes you could walk to the Dry Tortugas on sonar buoys. Very exciting day to say the least.

Top Bottom