S&W M&P 15 Sport

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedNeckRuger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Whats yall's thoughts on the S&W M&P 15 Sport? Anybody have one? It seems to be a nice entry level AR. I have been debating building one. But, for under $600 and to have a lifetime warranty, I dont think it can be done.

Last edited:

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    If i were going to do it for the first time, I prolly would go that route. I may be foolish, but not knowing a whole lot about the platform, I trust S&W and their service enuf to go there brand new.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I'd like to hear some peoples opinions that have some first hand experience with them. My buddy wants to get into one cheap, and the sport seems like a nice option.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    We have sold a few of them and have had no complaints. I have handled them extensively also and they feel pretty good. It doesn't have a dust cover or a forward assist but they aren't necessary for a first time sporting type rifle.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I looked one over last fun show.

I wasn't impressed with the corners that were cut on it.

Such as forward assist and dust cover.

RedNeckRuger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Finally got it...
    64390d1311891238-ar-15-owners-lets-see-what-imag0125.jpg

nola_nuke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA
    looks cool . not an AR guy to much money for such a small caliber but this i think i can get in to .. cheap enough .. wife has the mp15 or and it is a nice platform .. it would be nice (before the glass of scotch) to get a good review on this

RedNeckRuger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet...its been a crazy few months. From an AR newbs perspective, it seems pretty nice. It is a good weight. It seems like it will be pretty balanced. I like the adjustable stock more than I thought I would.

Fabius

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I bought one a few months ago. Have about 700 rounds through it, all XM193. Has been flawless so far. Lots of quality in it considering the price. Fully cut and extended M4 feed ramps. Chrome lined bcg and gas key. Gas key properly staked. F marked front sight base. I really love the barrel. Melonite treated, 1:8 twist, 5R rifling. S&W got the 5R rifling from its acquisition of Thompson Center. Same rifling as the Army's sniper rifle. The melonite treatment gives a hardness comparable to chrome lining without the dimensional issues.

I've been having fun adding things to it. Vortex Strikefire red dot sight. Magpul MOE handguards and pistol grip. Magpul CTR stock. Best deal going for a starter AR, IMO.

Top Bottom