S&W Model 41

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    For the guys who have these, how do you like them? I've got a Ruger MKIII and was looking to eventually upgrade to a more "target" style of pistol.

Also, how is the durability of the gun? I usually stick 4-6,000 rounds through my Ruger every year, and don't want these things turning out like the old High Standards...

-Dave

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    As much as I enjoy my MKII and Buckmark, I'd give my left 'nad for a Model 41. Fired them a couple times and absolutely love them. Not having owned one though, I can't speak with authority about their longevity.

Cleburne

thomjb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Southern IN
    I have had a 41 for 20 years or so. Great pistol, reliable and very accurate.I will not live long enough to shoot enough ammo to hur the 41.

I purchased a SIg Trailside a year or two ago, and dang if it doesn't shoot at good as the 41.
    YMMV

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    As much as I love my MKIII Hunter, I'm just ready for a serious target pistol.

I had fallen madly in love with the High Standard Victor a few years ago, but am now finding out about how the frames were bad about cracking if you ever used High Velocity ammo. Unfortunately, I'm not going to go out and spend $4/box on subsonics when I try and shoot 5-700rds every range trip. Being able to digest bulk ammo is a must.

I'm going to keep at it with my MKIII, but my eye is on the M41..........

-Dave

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I purchased my first one in '69 (7") and its companion (5") with extra barrel in '72. My daughter, now in her 30's, learned to shoot with it. Possibly the finest out the box 22 target pistol produced. I just looked at the price for a new one....phewwww. New in 1969 set me back $270

Trickasabrick

older than dirt
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Prairieville
    I had one that I absolutely loved. Was the most accurate handgun I ever owned. May the piece of **** that stole it from me rot in hell.

LSP972 is correct. If you get one feed it the good stuff. If you just want to randomly shoot and plink you are better off keeping your Ruger, but the 41 is a truly fine little gem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom