*Sale Cancelled* Colt Python 4" .357 Magnum

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    SALE CANCELLED.

Okay BSers. You probably all remember this being listed by another member recently. Colt Python 4" .357 Magnum. I can tell you that it is in immaculate condition. 1973 production date.

Try as I might, I just prefer how my Smith's feel (...here comes the bashers...lol). I've tried different grips, but I just can't get comfortable with it. It has a butter smooth action. If I could just graft the action on this Python into my 686 I could die happy.

Since I bought this to be a shooter, I can't justify keeping it if I reach for my 686 first. The finish is beautiful. I personally have put 98 rounds through it. I don't even know if it was shot before then, didn't look like it. The photos below are before I put the 98 rounds through it. Comes with a set of Pachmayr open back strap grippers.

I paid $1200 for it and it's worth all that and more. $1200 is what I will take for it...so don't bother making offers for less.

I WILL consider trades. I'm still looking for a lever action .357 carbine (at most 20", but prefer a 16" or 18" barrel).

Now...let the trade offers...begin!

Last edited:

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    That didnt last long, bumping a thread that doesnt need to be bumbed yet cause da bab is a good guy. Theres a gunsmith up here in slidell at F.I.T.S. tahts been looking for a python for a while, cheapest one offered to him was 1800 so he may want this. I wish i knew his name, but im pretty sure hes their only gun smith. May be worth talking to him. If you call, ask for the gun smith.

baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    I've done a little massaging tonight on the Pachmayrs that I put on it...feeling better. I'm thinking maybe I just haven't found the right grips yet and that maybe I should explore more options in that regard before I "jump the gun" and sell it off.

Sorry to do this to you guys, but I'm putting a hold on the sale to see if I can massage the goodyears to to get a better fit to my hand. Will update the thread as necessary...

Last edited:

baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    Grip problem solved. That's to everyone that helped! Check out the S&W 13-2 I have listed. I also have a 6" 686-3 that is SPF. The prospective buyer has until Monday to come up with the cash. If not, I'll post it.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom