Sanctions Against Russia and the Availability of 7.62x39.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeauxMe

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Slidell
    I was wanting to purchase an SKS, but all of the Russia vs. Ukraine stuff has me concerned about buying a gun that ammo might become scarce. 7.62x39 seems to be pretty cheap right now, which is a major reason for wanting an SKS.

Do you think that any current or future sanctions against Russia might affect the prices of cheap import ammo, or should I not worry about it and get a new gun?

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Oh noes, no 7.62X39, better come buy it all!

The sanctions are against individuals in Russia, not against businesses in Russia. Lots of Russian ammo is already staged outside of Russia... Suppliers raised their price a little, $15-$25 a case, I was already stocked pretty well, I am sure it will come down soon.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I say buy it if you want it. It'll never be cheaper. The worst thing that can happen is ammo goes up and you dont want to shoot it anymore. At that point you should be able to off-load the rifle for atleast what you paid to someone with a stash of x39. Best case you have a fun rifle to shoot. I'd also recommend reloading. For a small investment you can shoot no matter what ammo prices do in the future.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    lol! if you want to incite a riot on 7.62 I've got a few thousand rounds i'll sell for umm ... ah hell whats .22lr selling for? lets start there.

GeauxMe

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Slidell
    Haha. Not trying to start a 7.62 craze, just making sure that I wasn't about to buy a weapon that I wouldn't be able to get ammo for in a couple weeks.

Top Bottom