Savage Mark II Threaded Lipsey's Special

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So I was reading Gunblast.com and found that Lipsey's is making two threaded versions of the Savage 22 cal bolt action rifles. Since I had just recieved a threaded Tactical Solutions 22 suppressor from Landry308 I figured this would be a fun and cheap gun to put it on. I purchased it from Larry at Louisiana Gun and Reloading over on Jefferson Hwy in Baton Rouge.

http://www.gunblast.com/Savage-22s.htm

I still haven't sighted in the Simmons 22 mag scope or tested much ammo though it. It is very quiet though, but has issues feeding the Reming sub sonic 22 hollow points. I tried a AAC .223 suppressor that a friend of mine had and it works even better although it made the gun muzzle heavy. I'm going to purchase a selections of standard velocity 22 ammo with round noses as these seem to function fine out of the magazine.

picture114h.jpg

picture115c.jpg

picture116w.jpg

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    10-8 Tactical has the TR. If I didn't have 2 bolt action .22 hosts already, I would have bought one of each of the Savages.

JR1572

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    10-8 Tactical has the TR. If I didn't have 2 bolt action .22 hosts already, I would have bought one of each of the Savages.

JR1572

it's actually a TRSR at 10-8. has the same stock and basically a TR but threaded.

different from the one pictured above though. the TR and the TRSR have a "tacticool" stock, different bolt knob, 2 studs for bipod and sling i guess, and the barrel is longer and fluted.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    hmm, i've read that colder weather lowers the speed needed to pop though the sound barrier. And yesterday and today are freaking cold.

Yep I beleive that was it because they werent going supersonic when it was 70 out. I also think the tight chamber on the cz doesnt help either.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    a picture of my Savage Mark II TRSR i purchased from 10-8 Tactical about a week or so ago.
    SavageMarkII_2.jpg

Last edited:

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Very nice Noob. Got the nicer stock and longer barrel on that one. I was too cheap.

I got to shoot mine today and the thing is freaking accurate. Although the five round mag included is poo. It only feeds four rounds of round nose or three hollow points before the rounds slam into the barrel below the chamber and stop feeding. It was a consistent problem and I never was able to get the fifth round to feed out of the magazine. I tried at least 6 types of 22 ammo with no success. I started reading online for a little today and discovered that a lot off people have problems with the mags. I'm going to contact Savage about it. It's a shame because its such a nice little rifle.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Very nice Noob. Got the nicer stock and longer barrel on that one. I was too cheap.

I got to shoot mine today and the thing is freaking accurate. Although the five round mag included is poo. It only feeds four rounds of round nose or three hollow points before the rounds slam into the barrel below the chamber and stop feeding. It was a consistent problem and I never was able to get the fifth round to feed out of the magazine. I tried at least 6 types of 22 ammo with no success. I started reading online for a little today and discovered that a lot off people have problems with the mags. I'm going to contact Savage about it. It's a shame because its such a nice little rifle.

thanks. i like it myself. i wanted to get this before i upgraded to a Remington 700. it was fighting between this or a CZ 455 and in the end i got this b/c i knew i wanted to go suppressed and it would be costly to get the CZ threaded.

as for the issue w/ the mags, i have no idea. i have yet to shoot mine b/c i've been too busy. but i will be keep it in mind.

if you want the stock, it's just a Boyd's stock. right now you can get a "factory second" for $64 plus shipping.

Top Bottom