SBR 9mm AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    IMAG0124.jpg

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    NOT dogging your choice in platforms. LOTS of folks have SBR AR's in 9mm and they are a hoot. But...when I was looking to do this last year, I went the Uzi route instead. Have not SBR'd it yet but my research showed it was the cheapest and most reliable system out there for SBR in 9mm. All it is is an approximate $120.00 barrel switch after the paperwork is done.

Just a thought but I'm about ready to submit my paperwork and get that show on the road. The one's I've fired have been just a super super fun shooting machines that eat any ammo and are pretty indifferent to dust and gunk. Same is true of this platform in 16" length but when down to "real Uzi" size, it's just gonna be that much better.

Just a thought.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    NOT dogging your choice in platforms. LOTS of folks have SBR AR's in 9mm and they are a hoot. But...when I was looking to do this last year, I went the Uzi route instead. Have not SBR'd it yet but my research showed it was the cheapest and most reliable system out there for SBR in 9mm. All it is is an approximate $120.00 barrel switch after the paperwork is done.

Just a thought but I'm about ready to submit my paperwork and get that show on the road. The one's I've fired have been just a super super fun shooting machines that eat any ammo and are pretty indifferent to dust and gunk. Same is true of this platform in 16" length but when down to "real Uzi" size, it's just gonna be that much better.

Just a thought.

A member here let me shoot his silenced sbr mini uzi at the bash and it was AWESOME!

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.

Just a thought.

Do you build your Uzi or buy a completed one? By the way, I am looking at build an Uzi on a Nodak Spud receiver along with the AR 9mm. Looks like I can use Uzi mags for both with alittle modification.

Last edited:

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    It would be cheaper to buy an uzi complete than to build it one part at a time. But if you are up for a project build it's fun and not hard to do. You can still find the AR magwell adapter around that takes unmodified uzi mags ( HY-TECH) is the company. Still waiting on my parts for my 9mm AR project. This is my SBR mini uzi that 03protege is talking about.
    uzi003.jpg

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    It would be cheaper to buy an uzi complete than to build it one part at a time. But if you are up for a project build it's fun and not hard to do. You can still find the AR magwell adapter around that takes unmodified uzi mags ( HY-TECH) is the company. Still waiting on my parts for my 9mm AR project. This is my SBR mini uzi that 03protege is talking about.
    uzi003.jpg

I looked for a VM HY-TECH adapter, but no luck, .i.e. like a needle in a haystack. I think I will be going the dedicated 9mm lower route w/ a DDLES, CMMG, or RRA lower.

Top Bottom