SCCC National Conference in D.C.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgwalt1

Straight Edge
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Hey guys I thought I would let y'all in on what the SCCC is doing this summer. We're having our first National Conference on August 1st at the National Press Club in D.C. This should give us some good press oppurtunities and let Brady know we aren't just a bunch of impressionable college kids. All the details are below and anyone is invited to attend not just college students!

SCCC will be having our first National Conference in conjunction with the 2nd Amendment Foundation on Aug. 1st at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. Many distinguished guests will be there to speak in support of concealed carry on university campuses.

For students that want to go to the conference but are a little strapped for cash, we can help. Any student traveling over 750 miles to D.C. will get a travel stipend of $250. You will receive a check in this amount if you bring your student I.D. and flight or gas receipts to the conference. Once you buy your ticket, forward it to reservations@concealedcampus.org to let us know you will be needing a travel stipend. If you are driving, email us to let us know you will need one as well.

All students will get one night free at The District Hotel in D.C. for Friday night August 1. Email reservations@concealedcampus.org if you are interested in getting a free room so that we can get an accurate count. The rooms are double occupancy. If you come alone you may have to room with another member of SCCC.

Anyone that is planning on attending should email us with your name, school, and contact info.

Contact your campus leader for more information or email questions to reservations@concealedcampus.org

***Tentative Agenda***

12:30 - 1pm Meet and Greet w/ SCCC Board of Directors
    1-1:15pm Opening Speech by SCCC Pres. Michael Guzman
    1:15 - 2pm John Lott
    2-2:30 Alan Gura - (Argued the recent Supreme Court case involving the D.C. Gun Ban)
    2:30-3:00 Suzanna Gratia Hupp (tentative)
    3:00-3:30 Panel of Students discussing their experiences on campus
    3:30-4:00 David Mustard of the University of Georgia
    4-4:30 Nelson Lund of George Mason University (tentative)
    4:30-5pm Q&A by SCCC Board of Directors
    8:30pm Cocktail Hour (Place TBA)

ram03reg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    I was thinking bout going..but im in summer school and i have exams onAug 2nd so i wont beable to make it..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom