Score for the citizen!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Sometimes it's cheaper to throw a bone to make them go away. We've done it on the business side. Here's $5k, STFU and get the hell out of my face. This could go years and tens or hundreds of thousands in fees. Not worth he said,she said.

Retraining is a matter of know your **** so we don't have this drama again. Not that he was wrong drawing his firearm. I have no idea. Whether our guys are in the wrong or not, any altercation or incident gets a review in the next drivers meeting. Period. Round table discussion on how it went, what if anything can be handled better to prevent a similar incident. Even if the driver is faultless.

But of course all of this could have been avoided if cops could read minds. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

Just to name a few,

Because there are way too many people on this forum that have a chip on their shoulder where police are concerned and will never give them the benefit of the doubt nor have the ability to actually understand what law enforcement is and how it functions.

Because there are too many people on here who think that high scores on Call Of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, or Medal of Honor makes them experts on everything there is to know about every subject there is and will ignorantly get into pissing matches with real experts.

Because there are too many people on here that are closet sovereign citizens or think they are.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Just to name a few,

Because there are way too many people on this forum that have a chip on their shoulder where police are concerned and will never give them the benefit of the doubt nor have the ability to actually understand what law enforcement is and how it functions.

Because there are too many people on here who think that high scores on Call Of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, or Medal of Honor makes them experts on everything there is to know about every subject there is and will ignorantly get into pissing matches with real experts.

Because there are too many people on here that are closet sovereign citizens or think they are.

I completely understand your point and respect your perspective, all to well. Carry on good sir.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think what is more interesting is that he was cool with what happened, they shook hands and walked away happily, then people on the Internet riled him up and talked him into filing a law suit.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I really should know better than to dip my toes into yet another wonderful thread.

-But-

1. The department's $15,000 offering is not, by any standards, an admission of guilt. Most departments will offer quick settlements in cases of accusation that they know will involve long, expensive litigations.

2. At what point do we, as a nation, stop attaching veteran status to someone as a line of credential. There are a lot of veterans in this country, on this board, and amongst our neighborhoods. The nation, for the most part, appreciates our/their service to our country. Being a veteran, however, does not excuse someone from their actions, nor should it stand as a means of crediting everything they do or say as fact.

It truly irks me when I read an article about any incident, and the fact that one party is a veteran is highlighted to increase outrage.
    Serving in the military does earn an individual the right to live by a looser standard of law; and it certainly does not lend credibility beyond the presence of fact.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    "They have now agreed to pay him $15,000 in damages for violating his civil rights. "

duck_riding_motorcycle.gif

I know a CEO he tried to lecture to he had the right to OC in their hospital. He was reminded it is a private hospital and no OC was allowed period. So Mr. M complied.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I know a CEO he tried to lecture to he had the right to OC in their hospital. He was reminded it is a private hospital and no OC was allowed period. So Mr. M complied.

And he will deny it if you ask him to his face.

Seems to be a reoccurring problem these days.

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I really should know better than to dip my toes into yet another wonderful thread.

-But-

1. The department's $15,000 offering is not, by any standards, an admission of guilt. Most departments will offer quick settlements in cases of accusation that they know will involve long, expensive litigations.

2. At what point do we, as a nation, stop attaching veteran status to someone as a line of credential. There are a lot of veterans in this country, on this board, and amongst our neighborhoods. The nation, for the most part, appreciates our/their service to our country. Being a veteran, however, does not excuse someone from their actions, nor should it stand as a means of crediting everything they do or say as fact.

It truly irks me when I read an article about any incident, and the fact that one party is a veteran is highlighted to increase outrage.
    Serving in the military does earn an individual the right to live by a looser standard of law; and it certainly does not lend credibility beyond the presence of fact.

Absolutely!!!
    And further more, being a veteran or a leo for that matter, does not make you a firearms expert.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Just to name a few,

Well said.

I agree.

JR1572

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Absolutely!!!
    And further more, being a veteran or a leo for that matter, does not make you a firearms expert.

I would qualify that by saying it doesn't make them a firearms expert shot.

But they do have the edge in daily carrying firearms and associated issues like holster choice, concealed carry, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom