Scrambler Love

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Man I just LOVE this thing. It's just as advertised, easy to ride with plenty of power. A couple of my neighbors and I rode a bit over 106 miles up the River Road then we took Highway 22 through French Settlement which is a very nice 45 - 55 MPH twisty road through the bayou with nice shade and low traffic. We ended up catching some heavy rain on I55 coming back south. Man that rain at 70MPH brought back memories of the hydro-blasting that was the norm on the SWCC boats back in the day. That I could deal with... but the lightening was freaking me out a bit.

I took a little ride on some washed out roads this afternoon to get an idea of how she handles off road. She's a bit clumsy at really slow speed in the dirt, but I was pretty impressed with how capable this bike is. My biggest complaint is that the rear brake caliper hangs down from the swingarm making for an easily damaged rear brake. Even so it's not likely that I would ever be riding in such rough terrain.

TriumphScrambler900_zps5e751204.jpg

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    Nice, I've been considering a Thruxton for a while but just haven't jumped. I live just outside Port Vincent so you'll have to let me know when you're out here riding 22 so I can check it out.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    We went again today and ended up riding about 175 miles and, let me tell ya... on THAT seat that is MORE than enough. We rode up old Hwy 51 to Ponchatoula where we jumped on Hwy 22 and headed East to Madisonville. Had an awesome lunch at Morton's Seafood Restaurant then headed back West on Hwy 22 to catch LA445 North to visit Santa and Mrs Claus (see pics and explanation below). Then we headed west on LA 16 to Amite where we picked up Hwy 51 and headed back South. For the second time in as many rides we caught rain heading back South near I55. This time however we were down on old Hwy 51 where the speed limit is 55MPH and it's a damned good thing we were. The crosswinds were VERY strong and my bike, having a high profile and being relatively light, was blowing all over the road. At the top of the bridge by Middendorf's Restaurant the wind literally slid the front wheel of my bike across the road. I had to slow down to about 50MPH to keep both wheels on track. Perhaps the next ride we'll stay dry the whole ride... but if not, oh well... it's fun anyway.

Mr and Mrs Santa Clause just happens to be my Wife's Uncle and Aunt.
    danicaandisaiahwithsanta_zps035b7d55.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, Santa lives in South Louisiana. :D
    2014-07-11135434_zpsb9b443af.jpg

He also has a healthy respect for the 2cd... LOL.
    SIG556SWATsanta_zps96c4d5dc.jpg

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    That's a Purdy bike! I want to take a ride over that way to have some fun on Hwy 22. I drove that road years ago and I remember it having some beautiful scenery (as well as some nice curves!).

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Watch out on 22 those curves have sent a bunch to the hospital. I found a guy in a field a couple years ago on 22 just east of 16. He was paralyzed now from about the rib area. Also the people drive like the are crazy too. And the road is getting bad in places. So be careful I drive it everyday.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    I try to ride at least once a weekend through 22 to springfield - usually saturday or sunday mornings when it is nice and quiet. PM me if you are heading that way and need someone to ride with.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Watch out on 22 those curves have sent a bunch to the hospital. I found a guy in a field a couple years ago on 22 just east of 16. He was paralyzed now from about the rib area. Also the people drive like the are crazy too. And the road is getting bad in places. So be careful I drive it everyday.

Thanks for the heads' up! I'll ride like a paw paw like normal, but actually having curves in the road would be a change of pace it seems. Wet roads with a lot of tree cover and fallen leaves, mixed with sharp curves will definitely keep you on your toes! Not to mention idiot drivers.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    OK, I got out the door at 6:30 this morning and made my way out to Maurepas. It was beautiful weather for riding, the curves were nice, and the roads decent. Can't ask for more!

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Wait til you hear her with a proper exhaust... Triumphs have the most beautiful singing voices.

I had a 1988 Triumph Bonneville yeras ago. Open exhaust was hideous. Whats the proper exhaust these days? Just curious. I had the baffles put back in mine and i swear I dropped 15 mph on it. Is there a strong aftermarket for the Triumph now?

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Are the motors still the same? I think they're liquid cooled now, and I know they're injected (though they put something on there that looks like a carb.)

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Are the motors still the same? I think they're liquid cooled now, and I know they're injected (though they put something on there that looks like a carb.)
    They are fuel injected now, but they aren't liquid cooled. They do have an oil cooler though.

Well, I hear tell that it's blasphemous to post pics of a scrambler without showing the pipes... sooooo...

2014-07-11112922_zps5122766b.jpg

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Seen a you tube video on how to remove the baffles in the bike. Didn't sound too bad when the guy was done. You can search you if you are interested.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    some of the best systems for Triumph are from Arrow, they are developed with the factory so all you do is pop in the dealer, they flash the ECU with the correct tune, and your bike is optimized for the exhaust. I have a full system on my Street Triple R and the dyno graph is perfect with the factory-spec tune for it.

There's a BIG aftermarket for Triumph now, and the brand is only getting bigger and better. A Triumph won the Daytona 200 this year, first time since Gary Nixon's day.

Top Bottom