security cameras

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darthv8der

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Gretna
    How's everything after a few days bud? You tuned down the sensitivity or you still recording spiders and termites lol

So far so good. I only changed the sensitivity level on one of the cameras. After some testing in the dark you need to the sensitivity to be a little higher to ensure that movement is captured in complete darkness. The cameras are a decent quality but I am going to be adding some lighting to the areas in which the cameras are in to make it a little less dependent on the IR. Once my pocket book recovers, and I get a few more things done around the house I am going to shop for some aftermarket cameras that have a better quality. Maybe a PTZ!... If I can trick the wife into it. HAHAHA

Sorry I havent gotten to the full install update. I have been pretty busy as of late. I should have sometime this weekend to sit down and really give a detailed update and review of the install. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Darthv8der

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Gretna
    I can say with certainty I do not like the PC software that came with this Q-See

Bummer! Can you return it? I havent been able to get my DVR set up online yet. The problem I have right now is everything is wireless in the house. This weekend I am going to be moving my Modem and Router to a closet in our hallway. Now that I have some experience with doing Cable Drops through an existing wall I am going to do some more this weekend and run LAN line from the closet to my Living room area from the router in the closet. When I ran the cables for the Cameras I pre ran a 100ft shot of LAN line to where I have my DVR that way when I get the Router set up all I have to do is plug it in. The drop in the living room will be great as the living room shares a wall with our office area and I am going drop a cable down that shared wall and put a hub in my office so I can put a cable through the wall to my Entertainment center so everything in my house will have internet! I am pretty excited!

If anyone is interested in that process let me know. I can do a little review on how I got all that done as well. As always if anyone needs help or wants suggestions I am happy to lend a hand.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Actually it was a combination of duuhhh on my part and a case of the dumbass on the CSRs. It wanted a laogin and I was entering the logins on the DVR and it needed a local login for the software. I actually figured it out while on the phone right before he figured out what the problem was. Now I just need to get it to leak out of my firewall.

Attachments

• DVR.jpg
      DVR.jpg
      182.9 KB · Views: 70
    Top Bottom