Seller has gun advertised for $1,000. but will only sell it for $1,800.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redleg2/9

Oct 16, 2009
    Covington
    I just got off the phone with “skinnerhead” who has a DPMS with ammo advertised with a price drop to $1,000. http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?106806-AR-15

He said that I could buy the gun if I had $1,800.00 in cash and that he had no intention of selling it below the initial posted price of $1,800. but only kept dropping the price to see at what price “the cockroaches would come out.”

Claims he is an FFL dealer and would be a fool to sell it for less than $1,800.

He said that he was ashamed to be from Louisiana because of the behavior of the people here on B.S. Give him a call – he posted his phone number and see if he changes his tune.

My message to him is that he makes me ashamed that anyone of the Cajun heritage would act in such a manner. I have never dealt with a fellow Cajun with this scum sucking attitude.

He stated that he was leaving the forum and I wonder if the moderators could help him out.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    LOL - I made him an offer yesterday and got a very ugly reply.

"really! 800 bucks!!! wow i'm impressed!"

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Here it is.

AR-15

I have a DPMS-AP4 new in box never fired, this is how it came from the factory, has 2 mags, also comes with 800rnds of ammo shown. will not sell ammo alone,please no trades, may consider offer. $1000.00. contact 985-475-5016 or e-mail thru my profile.
    i'm located down bayou Lafourche near Golden Meadow, can't travel far because of injury.
    skimmerheadAttachment 38697Attachment 38698Attachment 38699Attachment 38700Attachment 38701

Last edited by skimmerhead; Yesterday at 11:17 AM. Reason: price drop

doug426

Mar 19, 2013
    Slidell
    I bought a new DPMS AR15 at Academy yesterday for $729. It's really a POS, but I wanted a beater to leave in the boat.

Southland Fi

Mar 16, 2010
    Morgan City
    If he's a dealer ha can't travel at all unless he's at a gun show.
    Here it is.

AR-15

I have a DPMS-AP4 new in box never fired, this is how it came from the factory, has 2 mags, also comes with 800rnds of ammo shown. will not sell ammo alone,please no trades, may consider offer. $1000.00. contact 985-475-5016 or e-mail thru my profile.
    i'm located down bayou Lafourche near Golden Meadow, can't travel far because of injury.
    skimmerheadAttachment 38697Attachment 38698Attachment 38699Attachment 38700Attachment 38701

Last edited by skimmerhead; Yesterday at 11:17 AM. Reason: price drop

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I may have had a hand in this as well.

He had 3 illegal bumps in the past few days, and when he bumped his post again yesterday (second bump of the day) to say that he was withdrawing the sale, I deleted that and sent him a standard PM that his illegal bump had been deleted. So you may have contacted him after he withdrew the sale. However, if he never intended on selling it for $1000 in the first place, then he had no business saying that in the ad and cluttering up the marketplace. Please forward me any PMs from him stating this.

ericlosh

Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    wasn't going to say anything but this is the guy that has a m44 listed that he dropped the price from 275 to 175 and when i called him he said that it was worth more then that so he sold it to himself... freaking weird... here's the thread
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?106870-mosin-nagant-m-44

This is another thread where I deleted his second reply of the day, which said he was taking it off the market. Not saying this justifies anything he has done.........

Surely this is worthy of a ban, right?

I sent him a PM and an email. I'll make a decision after I hear from him. Ya'll don't go blowing up his inbox with hate mail. That's against the rules too.

Top Bottom