Selling a boat question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I’m selling a boat to a resident of Mississippi. He’s saying that if I just sign the titles over to him that should be Good enough. I thought it all had to be legally notarized. Does it have to be or is it just a cover your ass kind of thing?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    if he fails to register it, and commits some violation, its would be on you and the burden to prove it was not you. he is right that Ms and Al dont require as much as We do, but you should get it notarized.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I've made that mistake before...get it stamped!! Driving an hour and a half to get a signature and a stamp is no fun!! Then when I got to the State Police to do an inspection as the trailer crossed state lines, it turns out 2 letters were transposed on the title.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Straight from the MDWFP website for registration.

DBAD32DB-0486-4EF4-914E-8193A4550D4C.png

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    If it was me I would get the title for both the boat and trailer notorized and would personaly remove the liscense plates from the trailer before allowing the purchaser taking possession of said property..... If not done and something happens to the property then you could be in legal limbo trying to prove that you were not the legal owner and not responsible for any damages incured.... If they can not deal with these conditions I would tell the goodbye and send them down the road ............................ drill sgt.

Top Bottom