Sen Landrieu says the fed is not spending money like drunken sailors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just A Number

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    ...it must be true.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...r-says-spending-only-out-control-on-fox-news/

Democratic senator says spending only 'out of control' on Fox News
    Published January 29, 2013
    FoxNews.com

Days after President Obama accused Fox News of holding up progress in Washington, another prominent Democrat is criticizing the network.

Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., suggested on the Senate floor that the non-entitlement spending problem is a creation of Fox News.

"I am not going to keep cutting the discretionary budget, which by the way is not out of control, despite what you hear on Fox News," she said.

The senator went on to say entitlement spending like Medicare is the issue -- while continuing to argue against steep cuts.

"It's mandatory spending that is rising rapidly. Because the greatest generation that gave us the greatest nation the world has ever heard is dying and they need hospice care, they need Social Security, they need hospitals. And if they want to cut them go right ahead -- I'm going to be a little more gentle," she said.

While it's true that the federal government spends far more on entitlements than on the rest of the budget, the so-called discretionary budget has risen steadily over the decades. Non-defense discretionary spending nearly doubled between 2000 and 2012, hitting roughly $610 billion in the most recent fiscal year. When defense spending is included, the budget rose from $615 billion in 2000 to $1.3 billion last year. Over the years, that spending has been driven by two wars and a stimulus package but also routine agency spending.

Spending in 2012 was slightly lower than during the year prior.

Landrieu's Fox News lament comes after Obama, in an interview with The New Republic, said the media would play a big role in shaping debate in Washington. He went on to say: "If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you'll see more of them doing it."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...g-only-out-control-on-fox-news/#ixzz2JO8UFx77

Kuhlman187

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Typical response from her. She's a rubber stamp for EVERYTHING he wants. She refused to budge when he enacted the oil moratorium. Refused to budge on healthcare despite getting flooded with calls to the contrary. The only reason she's now in favor of the keystone pipeline and against a weapons ban is because she's up for re-election. She has for the most part tried to stay out of the spotlight the past 2 years. Poster child for term limits.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Let her keep towing that party line! I'll predict that when she realizes early on that she can't win, she will keep the tens of millions of dollars left over in her campaign warchest.

Ya'll do know they can keep that money, yes?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Don't really want to watch her- but did she happen to be wearing one of these when she said that?

726px-P5020007%D0%B0.JPG

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    ?..She's a rubber stamp for EVERYTHING he wants. She refused to budge when he enacted the oil moratorium. Refused to budge on healthcare despite getting flooded with calls to the contrary. The only reason she's now in favor of the keystone pipeline and against a weapons ban is because she's up for re-election.... Poster child for term limits.

I think you just wrote the campaign ad for whomever runs against her in the upcoming election.

shaggy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northshore, LA
    Like the old joke says...

They really arent spending like drunken sailors... drunken sailors stop spending when they run out of money. :D

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Let her keep towing that party line! I'll predict that when she realizes early on that she can't win, she will keep the tens of millions of dollars left over in her campaign warchest.

Ya'll do know they can keep that money, yes?
    So long as another 'Harry Reid' doesn't happen where she appeals to the NRA, promises to "be different" - get's their backing/support/approval, and then goes back to normal, including being anti-gun after JUUUUST enough people voted the NRA-line to give her enough votes to win....

Call me a pessimist, I guess.

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    Spending money like chubby, vote-buying, double-talking, second-generation career democrat politicians. They make drunken sailors look like scrooges.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The question, just like in the presidential race, is whether the republicans can find someone to run against her that will excite the conservative voters enough to show up. Or will they run another moderate against her?

You know, I couldn't think of who she ran against last time so I looked it up. She beat John Kennedy barely (52%/ 46%) by outspending him (10mil vs 5 mil!). John Kennedy is hardly a big name politician and he came close.
    So, who will run against her? I could almost see Jendal stepping down as governor to take the seat...
    Taking control of the Senate has got to become a priority.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The failings of the Republican party, like the Pres Election, I agree, is not being able to put a candidate up that can beat a Democrat people don't even like!

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    This from a woman who admitted she didn't know how to balance her checkbook when she first ran for senate. She's an idiot, and will always be an idiot. Unfortunately, what does that say about the state that keeps electing her.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    This from a woman who admitted she didn't know how to balance her checkbook when she first ran for senate. She's an idiot, and will always be an idiot. Unfortunately, what does that say about the state that keeps electing her.

Not "the state"......it's the model citizens of New Orleans and Baton Rouge. There's simply more of them than there are of us. I don't think ill of her. She truly is representative of the worthless ignorant whores that vote for her.

Top Bottom