Shark bait.... The One that got away ***NSFW***

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    23360908.jpg

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    There are recorded bull sharks pulled out of the Illinois river, and some monsters pulled out of Lake Michigan. You would be surprised where sharks are found. In fact the largest bull shark ever caught was in a freshwater river down in Australia.

But ya, one of these days ill actually go catch one, im told they can put on a serious fight.

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    Screw swimming in anything that isn't clear and chlorinated. :noes:

Watch Animal Planet's "river monsters" freshwater sharks are the least of your worries buddy! How about documented cases of catfish trying to swallow men whole, or fish small enough to swim up your manhood (with spines so they cant be easily removed), or my favorite the White Sturgeon up in Alaska that are believed to hit 20+ feet long. Ive seen hundred pound + catfish pulled out of rivers back home, they dont even look like they belong on this planet. Although nothing beats the weird crap that guys pull out of remote parts of Africa or the Amazon, some of that stuff is just amazing.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water !!! This time of year is feedin time in the Gulf and all along the Eastern Seaboard for sharks ! Just because you're in fresh water on a river doesn't mean there isn't any sharks !!! I catch bullsharks and black tip sharks all the time in the Atchafalaya River north of Hwy 90 all along the Wax Lake/Cote Blanche Bay area,especially this time of year....These are freshwater areas !!!

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    207254_1002966071113_5693_n.jpg

That's me holding a small bull shark caught in the freshwater reaches of the Brisbane River before I moved to the U.S. According to studies from the local university they get them up to 8 foot long in the same areas. Never had that happen though. The only time we came across bull sharks there was when we were specifically targeting them. Hasn't there been a few big ones caught in the Atchafalaya over the last couple of years?

Top Bottom