shave supplies

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    In the Lafayette area, is there a store that sells shaving supplies for men? Stuff like safety razors, safety blades, shave mugs, shave soaps, and brushes?

I can order online, but was hoping to find a store that sells them here.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If you ever get over to Baton Rouge there is a store called "Art of Shaving" or "The Art of Shaving"
    Lots of items like you are looking for.

cbrock3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Lake Charles
    "Genterie Supply" in Lafayette should have some shaving stuff.

Macys might have some shaving kits.

Baton Rouge has "The Art of Shaving" in the mall. Its good quality but a tad on the expensive side.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Genterie sells the Baxter razor which is actually made by Muhle (German). Muhle makes top notch shavers so the 60 bucks they want is about retail. But it comes with quite a few Derby blades. They also sells lots of soap, brushes, creams and after shaves. Will be a nice place to stock up.

The art of shaving is a chain, and I can order online through them
    Thanks for the tips guys.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I have not shaved my face with a razor in 8 years. I have a Wahl trimmer that I use on the closest setting and I hope I never go back.

Last edited:

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    Ask the people that cut your hair as well. While I wouldn't expect to find it in the chain beauty supply places like Sally's it's not uncommon for the old school barber supply places to carry a lot of that stuff.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    For safety razor blades, which I've used for used for almost a decade, I use a guy in Thailand through ebay. I buy Feather blades. They are made in Japan and are hands down the sharpest safety razor blades money can buy. I buy them for pennies. It takes about a month to get here.

For silver bore bristle shaving brush I did some research and found out all the silver tipped bore hair in the world comes from China. So I did some more research and ordered one from China for less than ten dollars delivered. I bought the stand from Amazon. The brush is going on eight years and hasn't lost a bristle yet. Also it works VERY well, just as well as an expensive one.

Since Christmas I've been using a straight razor. That's a topic for another discussion.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Thanks all... I've bought online quite a bit. There really isn't a good place to buy DE shave supplies in the area. Every drug store has a little bit, but not much choices.

There is a barber supply store, but they dont have very.much either.

Thanks!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I picked up the safety razor handle on eBay as well. Vintage Gillette Fatboy. They never go obsolete. That's why we have been steered away from them.

Dave

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I buy from this guy.

buythingsthatmakeyouhappy

A buy a bunch at a time and have not ordered from him since 2013. He's in Bangkok and has always got them to me. It takes a while since he mailed it regular Thailand mail. I saw he was selling ten to fifty at a time. The ten pack was $6.09 I think including shipping.

Dave

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    Dave.. Which vendor are you using. I'm enjoying Feather blades, but can't find any deals worth buying by the 100.

Have you checked the badger and blade forums? I haven't bought any blades in the last 4-5 years but was able to find them there for around $0.25 a blade when buying more than 100.

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    I got a Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor for Christmas from Amazon. I am getting more comfortable with it and it takes some getting use to but I really like it. My neck was really red the first few times. I thought it was the sandlewood cream but now it's better.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I got a Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor for Christmas from Amazon. I am getting more comfortable with it and it takes some getting use to but I really like it. My neck was really red the first few times. I thought it was the sandlewood cream but now it's better.
    Thinking of getting that one for my birthday. Not sure about the brush and cream just yet.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Have you checked the badger and blade forums? I haven't bought any blades in the last 4-5 years but was able to find them there for around $0.25 a blade when buying more than 100.

Yeah, I've seen a few deals on the B&B forums, buy most are at least .30/CPB.

I can get other excellent blades for a lot less, and I'm not dead set on Feather blades. I've shaved with them twice so far and these are the "scary sharp" of DE blades.

Top Bottom