sheffield armory co - 12 ga single shot shotgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Inherited this relic recently. A Sheffield Armory Co - 12ga Single Shot Shotgun, according to the stamp, and made with "Genuine Armory Steel". Unsure of the date of manufacture on it. Wood looks terrible and has a couple of cracks in the stock. Seems to share the same shape as a lot of single shot shotguns from that 1940's - 1960's. Is it possible there might be another stock, from another manufacturer, to swap out this old one with?

It's interesting to note that the boxes of shotgun shells I found with it were #1 buck shot and on the top of the receiver, in front of the hammer, there are two lies, possibly cut with a hack saw, and a hole drilled in the middle. I suspect my great grandfater, or even grandfather, tried to put a bead there to use as a front sight for long range shots? Not sure but interesting never the less.

Barrel measures 30" and from tip to stock about 44" without the butt plate.

I'm sure it's fairly worthless, as far as being an antique, so I'm not yet sure what I'll do with it.

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    My step-dad has one similar. A "Ward's Super 10" 12 gauge single barrel. It's useless and worthless, but it has a lot of family history and after I cleaned it up, it looks pretty nice hanging over the fireplace.

Top Bottom