Sherburne range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackStallion

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Question for the regulars at this range. I know you need a hunting licenses to shoot there but if you go with a group of people do all members of the group need a hunting license?

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    You need to have any kind of license fishing hunting etc. As far as I know everyone has to have one. You can also get a WMA pass @ wally world that will work also. When there everyone also needs to fill out a self clearing card . They are on the rifle side outside of the gate. The ticket for non compliance is $350.00 so there is some incentive to do it.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    The various WMA's are allocated funds for maintenance and upgrades based on documented usage. That is why you fill out a permit EVERY TIME you go to a WMA. we are lucky to have these areas available for shooting/hunting/camping etc. and the few dollars you spend on a fishiing license not only helps the Game and Fisheries interests, it is a very small fee to pay for year round access. It seems like a no brainer but I hear of "Bubbas" getting $350 tickets because they did not buy an $11 fishing license.

BlackStallion

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok well my next question is what license I can buy without having a hunters safety license? I just took the online course and haven't had the field day yet. thanks for the information so far guys and gals!

twokids

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Oscar, LA.
    The cheapest license you can use is the hook and line " cane pole " license. I think it is $2.50
    Enjoy your day at the range, be safe.

BlackStallion

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The cheapest license you can use is the hook and line " cane pole " license. I think it is $2.50
    Enjoy your day at the range, be safe.

Will do and thanks! The reason I'm asking is my brother in law might be coming to visit from carencro. He hinted that he wanted to shoot at least 100 yard range. And well we all know I'm not the only one but it doesn't take much to convince me to go to the range lol!!!

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    From LDWF website;

"Holders of a valid Louisiana hunting license may take coyotes, feral hogs where legal and armadillos year round during legal daylight shooting hours..."

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    No worries, you can go shooting in the dark with permission of landowner.....and 24 hr advance notice to the local LEO.

With or without; infra-red, night vision, flashlights....oh yeah, and SUPPRESSORS!

Top Bottom