Sherburne's back in business

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had a light work schedule yesterday so I took a spin out there to see what was going on. Shooting range is back open again and looks just like it did before. The whole drive up you can barely tell anything happened out there. The road is pretty good all the way up accept for the first stretch by the camps.

I talked to a warden for a few minutes and he said the road in from 190 may be open shortly. There were a pile of trucks out there loaded with gravel to rebuild the blown out stretch of road. This doesn't pertain to the shooting range but Big Alabama road is closed right there at the turn-off and no idea when it will be reopened. The warden said that road is owned and maintained by the parish and they don't seem to be in any hurry to fix it.

Taparia

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    How do you get up there going the other way? (not by way of 190) 190 is the only way I know how to get to it and have been wanting to get out there to go shooting.

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    No charge but you must have a La hunting or fishing license or a Louisiana wild stamp to be on the property.

50 yard pistol and rimfire and 100 yd whatever

about 35-40 miles from the top of the Miss river bridge

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    How do you get up there going the other way? (not by way of 190) 190 is the only way I know how to get to it and have been wanting to get out there to go shooting.

Off of I-10 I don't remember what exactly the exit sign says coming from the east but it's the whiskey bay exit right before you cross over the Atchafalya river. There's a sign coming from the west saying Sherburne WMA. When you get off the freeway, turn right and follow the dirt road straight for 12(?) miles till you get there. A mile or so up the road the Bayou Manual Rd veers to the right. Don't follow it just stay straight going north. That's really the only place where you could make a wrong turn.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Off of I-10 I don't remember what exactly the exit sign says coming from the east but it's the whiskey bay exit right before you cross over the Atchafalya river. There's a sign coming from the west saying Sherburne WMA. When you get off the freeway, turn right and follow the dirt road straight for 12(?) miles till you get there. A mile or so up the road the Bayou Manual Rd veers to the right. Don't follow it just stay straight going north. That's really the only place where you could make a wrong turn.

It might also be the longest drive you have ever taken on a gravel road. I go 190 if I can.

Top Bottom