Sheriff serving papers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    One of the more creative solutions was suggested by the manager of a waste control company (my client). I had made numerous attempts to serve a contractor that had refused to pay for months of roll-off dumpster service. Even attempted to locate him on his jobsites to no avail. The manager arranged for me to meet their driver at 5:00am, who place two Pot 'o Golds across the apron on their driveway. Leaving the "backup beeper" on his truck on for a minute or two did the trick. The contractor came out at a trot, "Not here! At the jobsite!" Here you are, sir

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    One of the more creative solutions was suggested by the manager of a waste control company (my client). I had made numerous attempts to serve a contractor that had refused to pay for months of roll-off dumpster service. Even attempted to locate him on his jobsites to no avail. The manager arranged for me to meet their driver at 5:00am, who place two Pot 'o Golds across the apron on their driveway. Leaving the "backup beeper" on his truck on for a minute or two did the trick. The contractor came out at a trot, "Not here! At the jobsite!" Here you are, sir

There are some contractors who make a living screwing people and not paying their bills. Glad you got him. I can tell you horror stories about contractors. That's why I build for myself. Better construction better price.

Addendum - There was a BS member who did concrete work. He did a job for a contractor building apartments. He did the job exactly according to the plans. The contractor told him he wasn't going to pay because he didn't like where the catch basins were. The concrete guy didn't even put the catch basins in. He owed the man $90,000.00 including concrete and refused to pay. The situation put the concrete man out of business. This is why I got my contractors license. The good ones are expensive. And many of the cheaper ones are con artists.

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Hope it all works out for your brother OP. from my experience, tow truck operators aren't exactly the most straight laced group of guys.

Quick story somewhat on topic with Judge Mental's stories. I had a buddy buy a pair of Saints ticked from a guy as a present for a friend. Long story short, the tickets were fake. Luckily he was able to call the box office and buy 2 more tickets so the guy was able to get in. Well, my buddy was pissed and called the guy who sold him the tickets to get his money back. Naturally the guy wouldn't answer his calls and they had met up at a store parking lot so he didn't know where the guy lived. He gets the idea to start calling pizza places and using the guys name until he found the one where the guy had previously used. He asked what address did they have on file for him, because he had recently moved. Needless to say, the guy freaked out when he showed up at his door and gave him his money back.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It appears to me that some of the SO's are seemingly trying to just do a lackluster job on service! I am foreseeing an intended switch from the SO doing it as a service to the public, to Private Process Servers at the expense of the plaintiff.

At least that is my current experiences.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Hope it all works out for your brother OP.

It already has. The company is off of LSP's call rotation until this is resolved. The tow truck operators insurance contacted my brother and is working things out. And the guy was served. He was hit with this **** storm one week prior to Christmas. I don't feel sorry for him. My brother has chased him around for the past six weeks. Now that he's off of rotation whats the hurry?

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    It appears to me that some of the SO's are seemingly trying to just do a lackluster job on service! I am foreseeing an intended switch from the SO doing it as a service to the public, to Private Process Servers at the expense of the plaintiff.

At least that is my current experiences.
    Nah, the SO simply doesn't have the personnel or resources that we do. They also arrive in an Impala or Crown Vic in business attire, everything about their presentation says to the person being served "this is gonna cost me money". The also can't use deception, and are usually unable to subserve (serve someone other than the individual listed on the paperwork)
    I, on the other hand, arrive in hospital scrubs, with a package under my arm, a clipboard in hand, and a cardboard door knocker with the name of my fictitious delivery service on it in my breast pocket. I see them sneak a peek through the peephole, but once they spot that box, game on. They will sell their soul to know what is in that damn package, (which is nothing more than good ole Prairieville air). I hand the clipboard over, and while they sign it, I produce the papers. I feel for some of them, but if they had answered the door or called back after the deputy left his/her card on the door, we wouldn't be doing this dance. I have to be honest, the hurt expression is comical. I swear sometimes they roll their bottom lip out like a toddler that dropped her lollipop. Sometimes they still ask for the package..."Sorry, that's for your neighbor".

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Nah, the SO simply doesn't have the personnel or resources that we do. They also arrive in an Impala or Crown Vic in business attire, everything about their presentation says to the person being served "this is gonna cost me money". The also can't use deception, and are usually unable to subserve (serve someone other than the individual listed on the paperwork)
    I, on the other hand, arrive in hospital scrubs, with a package under my arm, a clipboard in hand, and a cardboard door knocker with the name of my fictitious delivery service on it in my breast pocket. I see them sneak a peek through the peephole, but once they spot that box, game on. They will sell their soul to know what is in that damn package, (which is nothing more than good ole Prairieville air). I hand the clipboard over, and while they sign it, I produce the papers. I feel for some of them, but if they had answered the door or called back after the deputy left his/her card on the door, we wouldn't be doing this dance. I have to be honest, the hurt expression is comical. I swear sometimes they roll their bottom lip out like a toddler that dropped her lollipop. Sometimes they still ask for the package..."Sorry, that's for your neighbor".

More please!!!!

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    There are some contractors who make a living screwing people and not paying their bills. Glad you got him. I can tell you horror stories about contractors. That's why I build for myself. Better construction better price.

Addendum - There was a BS member who did concrete work. He did a job for a contractor building apartments. He did the job exactly according to the plans. The contractor told him he wasn't going to pay because he didn't like where the catch basins were. The concrete guy didn't even put the catch basins in. He owed the man $90,000.00 including concrete and refused to pay. The situation put the concrete man out of business. This is why I got my contractors license. The good ones are expensive. And many of the cheaper ones are con artists.

You do Physical Therapy and have a contractors license? I would've been your huckleberry. I do most hands-on tradework ( tile, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, roofing,) and have a diploma in contemporary massage and bodywork. What a fit?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    You do Physical Therapy and have a contractors license? I would've been your huckleberry. I do most hands-on tradework ( tile, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, roofing,) and have a diploma in contemporary massage and bodywork. What a fit?

Damn! :hi5: Most of us can do anything we put our mind and effort to.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Update - Looks like the insurance company is ready to go to small claims court. They filed a brief to dismiss the suit on the grounds they are not responsible for the stolen/damaged items while in the tow companies possession in their custody. Looks like they are going to be difficult but my brother will not let this go.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    The insurance company settled for the full amount of my brothers loss. It shows persistence pays off. Between contacting LSP Tow truck division and filing in small claims court he got what he wanted. Thank everyone for their input.

Top Bottom