Sherwood Forest home invasion....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The wife just called about someone in the neighborhood. I don't know the details yet and I haven't seen the official story. From what I understand:

The suspect entered a home. Kids were home and were locked in the bathroom (not sure if they locked themselves in or they were locked in). One of the kids called 911 from a cell phone and the police showed up and arrested the guy.

Anyone hear anything else?

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Wow, well at least according to the first report it went well. There should be something about it on the new in a few minutes. I swear from all the stuff I hear in the last couple of years Sherwood and Broadmoor are starting to swirl down the drain.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Wow, well at least according to the first report it went well. There should be something about it on the new in a few minutes. I swear from all the stuff I hear in the last couple of years Sherwood and Broadmoor are starting to swirl down the drain.

Yes the above is TRUE!

Years ago they thought it would be nice to have a bus route in the Sherwood Forest area so the maid and lawn keeper had a way to get to their residence to work well...............
    Now the democrats with public transportation available; they have moved in and are taking over. I got out of that are years ago in fear of exactly whats happening!

Build public transportation and put benches on the street corners and they will come lol. Come and get your stuff!

Sorry to see things going that way in SF it was the place to be in the 60 70 & 80's. Hopefully things will change for the better with the new police chief???

Be Safe!

Skiney

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Throw those neighborhoods in with all the ones before them!

Last edited by a moderator:

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    I was listening too. And that is just a handful of blocks from my place also. I'm not going anywhere. My neighbors aren't going anywhere and we make it hell for anybody on our street that wants to move in and behave that way. We watch and call when something's out of place. Load 'em up and keep your eyes open no matter where you live 'cause it isn't getting any better anywhere.

By the way it was at an address in the 11000 block of Worthington cross of Braeburn. At least 3 units attended. It was code 4 in under 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I was listening too. And that is just a handful of blocks from my place also. I'm not going anywhere. My neighbors aren't going anywhere and we make it hell for anybody on our street that wants to move in and behave that way. We watch and call when something's out of place. Load 'em up and keep your eyes open no matter where you live 'cause it isn't getting any better anywhere.

By the way it was at an address in the 11000 block of Worthington cross of Braeburn. At least 3 units attended. It was code 4 in under 10 minutes.

Thanks for the info.

I like the neighborhood too. We have good neighbors.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Emperor, who are you Snookie jr? Get that pic out of here.

Sorry! I thought that since many Americans (not necessarily BS members), cannot process the spoken word for instead, stints in front of the televison watching Jersey Shore, Dr. Phil, Yo; MTV Raps, and the like; that I would try to inspire with a visual.

Disclaimer: Any referrence to or depiction thereof of any person, neighborhood, or situation in America, to s**t is purely coincidental and by no means implies that I endorse or believe that Sherwood Forest and Broadmoor neighborhoods are.;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Fight the good fight, brother! I have a few commrades in the same neighborhood.

Last edited:

Snap2it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Fight the good fight, brother! I have a few commrades in the same neihgborhood.

Got another one here. East Sheraton. Lived here for 20 years. Home invasion the next block over about three years ago. This one made the news. THree were arrested. Started CC all the time at home even after that. Crime is everywhere. But we would be in denial if we did not recognize that things are in a state of transition.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    What a shame. I used to go to St. Thomas More Church right around there. Some friends on Ashbourne put us up for a bit during our Katrina evacuation.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Our neighborhood is starting to band together to get rid of the trash when they move in, but it's an endless cycle. Our HOA is pretty much worthless, since we wanted a vehicle removed, the owner moved it somewhere else in the neighborhood and the "president" was to dumb to realize it was the same truck. He actually told me "I guees he took care of it," to which my reply was a finger pointing directly at the relocated POS 200' down the road.

When I enquired about installing a flag pole so I could proudly display Old Glory, I was told that I had to submit my blueprints in writing to the HOA via their P.O. Box and wait to get approved or denied. I think I'm going to just go ahead and install it and tell them they can kiss my ass if they have a problem with it. I was also considering flying a Border Patrol flag below the American Flag, since we seem to have a periodic influx of illegals.

Top Bottom