Shooter downrange during coarse of fire!!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I agree with you 100%.
    You'd be hard pressed to find another shooting organization that has a better safety record than the USPSA. We're doing something right. Complacency and long days on the range are the two things that scare me the most.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    You're right about that. Safety is at the core of everything, with redundant layers to handle the inevitable brain fades, resulting in an organization-wide emphasis on safe gun handling that we all work hard to maintain. It's the only way it can work in such a high-adrenaline, runnin' and gunnin' on the clock environment. Safety, first, last and always :hi5:.

Last edited:

tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    Last fall I was at a local range that had about 8 benchrests. Suddenly the guy on the far right starts walking downrange, while the line was hot. We yelled at him and he said, Well, you guys are over there (maybe 40 feet to his left) and I'm over here, what's the problem? Typical once-a-year shooter, you can spot them by their lack of gear, just the rifle and a box or two of shells. Nothing else. Unbelievable.

TerryK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Albany, LA
    I think this is good training for us, to see how focused the shooter is, he didn't even see the guy right in front of him because he wasn't expecting him to be there. When you think most shooting like this has its roots in self defense, scanning for target or good guys or innocent bystanders is always a good thing .

Top Bottom