Shooters Club in Harahan

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Kinda-sorta like the M&P hinged trigger, huh? :D

Ha, just found this.

Touché. But I don't claim its perfection-- until Burwell is done with it, anyway. :ninja:

Although I will say the Glock trigger safety HAS given me problems (after extensive spring modification of course), and I've yet to hear of an M&P trigger failing-- although admittedly, I don't look that hard...

Come to think of it, only Glock makes the "perfection" claim directly. The KoolAid drinkers of the HK flavor are actually infringing on a trademark! Give me something full sized with an LEM and I won't rat you out... Unless it's in .40, and then I'm going to write letters every day. :D

Matthew6715

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Covington,LA
    We get lots of cutomers at the range a lot sorry for your experince. The best time to come is during local football games,before rush hour,early when we open,etc.

MCab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Then I drove over to Jefferson Gun Outlet on David Dr., this time, it was just a quick drive-by, since I noticed that there were too many cars, the shooting lanes were fewer and there was no way I would want to wait.

I know what you meant, but I chuckled at this as a bad choice of words. :mamoru:

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    ya damn shame about the fire i had just started working the line then.....last time i talked with nick he said he had plans for that area

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    I was there this past Saturday to get my CCW, after a long class we were finally able to shoot to qualify.

*7ft, 10ft, 15ft to hit paper made me feel like a marksman!* lol

Anywho, waiting for my turn to shoot, my only gripe about the place (and it's a big one) was getting swept a few times by some hoodrats and seeing a bunch of immatures horse playing in the shooting lanes.

Is the glass that separates the firing lanes and the waiting area 'bullet-proof or resistant?' I certainly did not feel comfortable during my waiting time.

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    gonna try to goto Shooters in Harahan tomorrow after i get off work. just recently acquired an HK P7 and am wanting to shoot it... anyone else interested in fondling the P7 and P30L is more than welcome to, just tap the asian guy on the shoulder.

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    after sifting through my multiple "Shooters in Harahan" thread I started, I guess I'll bump up this one.

With my new addiction to competition shooting (recently shot at EAPS and came in 13th out of 20 participants.. not bad for a 2nd time shooter), i realized that I have no idea how my M&P9 VTAC shoots. I'll be towing my HK P30L (which will probably get the Gray Guns treatment soon), M&P9 VTAC (so i can shoot the heck out of it, learn it, and abuse it before i give it the Apex treatment), and HK P7 PSP.

Range results to be updated!

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    i rarely frequent Jefferson Gun Outlet, as I do my usual shopping over the interwebz. given the chance, i sincerely try to patron the local mom and pops shops. sadly the items i'm looking for usually can't be purchased locally.

As for the range time @ Shooters, it was quite well spent. I was able to figure out the POA and POI for the SW M&P9 VTAC, try a few precision shots @ 15ft, and practice some reloads and quick target acquisition. Now i feel comfortable with bringing the VTAC to this Sunday's match in Amite.

Top Bottom