Shooting enough to qualify once a year, really?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    You can't just destroy evidence in a criminal proceeding... and the vast majority of the arms and ammunition we recover are absolute JUNK.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You can't just destroy evidence in a criminal proceeding... and the vast majority of the arms and ammunition we recover are absolute JUNK.

There it is then.

What about departments paying for reloading equipment and having desk jockeys make bullets all day?

Wait, I got an even better idea. The departments buy the reloading supplies and grab some of those worthless space wasters(there seems to be an endless supply), at the state office buildings; and have THEM make bullets all day. At least we (taxpayers), would get some work out of them.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    There it is then.

What about departments paying for reloading equipment and having desk jockeys make bullets all day?

THen GLOCK would crap bricks, that is how they OPEN the Armorer Class. Our guns are NOT designed to shoot reloads and if you do and the gun craps on you dont call us to cover it under warranty your Chief will be pissed and you will be looking for a job, the Instructor at my class even went to say "we have a special machine that detects reloaded powder", after a few minutes of people wondering if he was serious or if such thing actually existed he said, "I wont say YES OR NO, simply dont do it with MY GUNS".

It would be nice to put the people in jail working on it but that will never happen, .......

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Did he really say that? And you weren't sure if he was being truthful?????

Yeah he said that,

Im sure there is some sort of CSI Miami machine that can detect when was the last time I cleaned my gun with date and time, with todays technology. It was just a courve ball to hear him say it like that to make a point/ sales pitch

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I didn't think Glocks had rfid chips that counted rounds and tracked you via GPS and reported the time and location of every shot fired as well as constant finger print updates from whoever holds it. Oh well, guess I'll have to continue to avoid them then.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    There may not be a machine, but there's a sure fire way to distinguish good hand loads from the average factory range stuff.

1) Find competent shooter.
    2) Put target at 25-50 yards.
    3) Shoot some groups.
    4) Compare.

:D

Add a chrony and couple it with the sensation of much more milder recoil at the same velocities, and you've got even more proof.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I totally agree this is out of line. I don't care moderator or not. If you single a persons post then it is not a general discussion about LEO's shooting as much as they should. There are a handful of people on this forum that amaze me. All they want to do is ridicule others and talk smack. It is very easy to talk smack behind a computer screen!! If I see something I don't agree with or don't have anything positive to say then I just hit the back button. Some of these people don't know what that is. That is the only thing I do not like about this forum. I wish all that BS would get cut out!!!!
    And to think, you've only been seeing it for two months.
    Wait, I got an even better idea. The departments buy the reloading supplies and grab some of those worthless space wasters(there seems to be an endless supply), at the state office buildings; and have THEM make bullets all day. At least we (taxpayers), would get some work out of them.
    Now that is some wishful thinking. Government thinking outside of the box to solve problems(did ron paul get elected?).

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    There may not be a machine, but there's a sure fire way to distinguish good hand loads from the average factory range stuff.

1) Find competent shooter.
    2) Put target at 25-50 yards.
    3) Shoot some groups.
    4) Compare.

:D

Add a chrony and couple it with the sensation of much more milder recoil at the same velocities, and you've got even more proof.

NOT if the gun blows up because some crappy loads :), you wont be shooting BB's through it hahaahaha

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    Top Bottom