Shooting in Algiers.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf...ting.html#incart_2box_nola_river_orleans_news

"A woman who lives nearby, who declined to give her name, said she was sitting in her bedroom watching a movie when she heard 15 gunshots.

The woman said she then heard the sounds of an ambulance and other emergency vehicles but did not know where the shots or sirens were coming from so she began driving around the area to look for the source."

Is it just me, or is that the dumbest thing someone can do? "oh, I hear some gun shots, let me GO TOWARDS IT?!"

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I agree with stupidity... but, my father took some of my siblings around BR when the 5 officers were shot "just to check it out", and I have told him that was a horrible decision... "Why would you complicate what the officers had to deal with that day?" is what I said. So, I can kind of understand the curiosity aspect... But, he should have been doing what I was doing topping off mags and stashing guns around the house as I know he was only riding around with 1 compact pistol... So... YES STUPID ON HER (and his) PART.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    My point was either way you are taking a chance in trying to find out what happened. You could listen to the medias version which we know is always accurate (not) or go out rubbernecking and causing problems. That's all. Not picking sides. If I see emergency units close to my house I must admit curiosity gets the best of me.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Who counts shots? Who is that bad a lookie loo? Maybe she was looking for the new Shooting Range in Algiers
    TUNE IN NEXT WEEK. SAME BAT-TIME, SAME BAT-CHANNEL.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Human nature I guess. But yes, not the smartest.
    Sounds like this double-murder took place inside a gun-free school zone though... How the hell did they get past all the "no guns" signs??? We must need to put more signs up!

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I agree about her actions not being the smartest thing to do right after a 15 round gun blast! That said, 1) since when do ambulances/EMT, etc. follow THAT SOON (!!!) after s shooting? Remember - it's the NOPD. 2) That said, these days in Algiers you have to be waaaaaay more specific than "shooting in Algiers" because it's become almost a daily happening!!!:eek3:

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    We have 24 hour security where I live with manned gates and zero violent crime. Minimal crime period.

Pretty cool, noob. Sort of like a military fort in the old west on the plains. What do you guys do for a major hurricane like Katrina? Maybe hire Blackwater contractors during the outage? I remember the natives vandalizing and robbing Oakwood mall. The infamous NOPD shooting.

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Pretty cool, noob. Sort of like a military fort in the old west on the plains. What do you guys do for a major hurricane like Katrina? Maybe hire Blackwater contractors during the outage? I remember the natives vandalizing and robbing Oakwood mall. The infamous NOPD shooting.
    If it's the island in the woods I lived in Algiers during Katrina the residents, which leaned heavily to LE and Military from both bases, were walking around with slung rifles. The gate was being watched by a resident and there was a backup in the shack.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If it's the island in the woods I lived in Algiers during Katrina the residents, which leaned heavily to LE and Military from both bases, were walking around with slung rifles. The gate was being watched by a resident and there was a backup in the shack.

Yeah I was thinking after I posted noob and company may have a well armed militia within the neighborhood itself.

Send the children, wives, grandparents away west or east pre-storm. Then defend the wire. Its what I would do.

Last edited:

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Trust me, I know. I live in Algiers, and here about it every day. But luckily I live in a safe area of algiers.

It's good you're gated and guarded. My daughter lives in a relatively safe location, too. Few years ago a woman got car-jacked in her driveway at around noon! Two streets over from my daughter's safe location. She told me she was thinking about a gun soon after.... Gave her a .38 and a box of Gold Dots. :D

Top Bottom