shore fishing NOLA area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Where are some good spots to fish from the shore near new orleans? I don't want to go all the way to grand isle to surf fish and just looking for something to be a quick trip to hopefully catch some specs without needing a boat

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    :chuckles: and they don't taste like tuna

The best way to cook them is to filet them, and season them with salt and pepper with a little lime. Cook them skin side down on a wooden plank. It's done when the meat flakes easily with a fork. Take the fish off the plank and throw it in the trash, then eat the piece of wood.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    The best way to cook them is to filet them, and season them with salt and pepper with a little lime. Cook them skin side down on a wooden plank. It's done when the meat flakes easily with a fork. Take the fish off the plank and throw it in the trash, then eat the piece of wood.

:bowrofl: loved that

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham

Lol. They do look a lot like tuna but I've never eaten one. Heard some people eat them.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I've seen some pretty nice size specks hauled in at the point across the channel from the lighthouse at WestEnd. At night on the weekends, you can barely find an open spot to get up to the water.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Slidell- Off hwy 11. Also, for fresh water at the I59 turnaround on the pearl. For catfish in the right months in the pond next at the same exit.

Anybody fish the spillway? I've been wanting to try bowfishing there.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I've seen some pretty nice size specks hauled in at the point across the channel from the lighthouse at WestEnd. At night on the weekends, you can barely find an open spot to get up to the water.

If the Williams Blvd launch doesn't do anything I may try out there

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    If the Williams Blvd launch doesn't do anything I may try out there

I think the concrete around the board walk is broken and you can't get on the walk they have it taped off at the moment. That was about 2 weeks ago don't know if they have fixed it yet. Even would you could get in it I've never had any luck always seemed to have people tight lining out there. The rocks next to the boat launch have turned up a fish or two but not a big catch.

Good luck and let me know how it goes :).

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    Most of the rocks by the Williams launch was off limits so I went to the rocks on the opposite side by treasure chest and tried for about an hour and a half with no luck. The wind was pretty bad so I decided to try the Bonnabel launch and within an hour I only caught one undersized spec. I tried bottom fishing, using corks, several different colors of cockahoes, and even some fake shrimp. All in all...it was a good day. I wasn't at work and got time to sit by the water in peace :)

Top Bottom