SHORT GAS STG FAL.......it's NOW ALIVE!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I am awaiting a Blue monster AAA French walnut set for my own FAL, and it will be complete then. Kajun, when are we gonna put some lead downrange??

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    TX, we need to set a date! I am free most every friday and can get away most saturdays and sundays with a short notice!!
    Have FAL will TRAVEL ;)

Can't wait to see your first one once it is finished!

Chris

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Perm attached flashider means no need for SBR, Nice stubby Kajun..........

Yeah, I know that. With a pinned flash hider he can build/shoot it until the paperwork goes through, then cut it off and replace it with a short FH. Similar to SBR'ing an AR pistol.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Beautiful rifle. The wood you use is always impressive.

I want to hear about the recoil out of that compact package. And group that sucker at 100!

Thanks Sin-ster the wood on this one is actually just some stuff that I was holding onto for a special project.....this fit the bill PERFECTLY!

As far as recoil, it is just about like the normal length FAL, pretty much non exsistant when properly tuned. I have only fired 21 rounds thru her and that was this moring in my back yard........now the SOUND......this baby TALKS! It is very LOUD!! I plan on heading to hunting camp tomorrow where I can shoot her at 100 just to see BUT not really concerned about 100 yrds as long as she groups well with 50yds....

What's the actual barrel length of the short one verses the actual barrel length of the long one? Are you going to SBR it?

This ones barrel is actually about 14 1/2 inches the stoll FH adds the additional 1 1/2 to 1 3/4" to meet requirements. Total barrel length is right at 16 1/8". The standard STG is 21" barrel then additional 1 1/2" with stoll of course would be right at 22 1/2 inches. I also used the IZZY light barrel "C" style butt stock which brings her in at 36 1/4" total length.
    Oh and no I have no intentions of a SBR....just don't care to deal with BIG BROTHER. I am happy with her as is ;)

Perm attached flashider means no need for SBR, Nice stubby Kajun..........

MyTFAL, you are 100% correct and Thanks MyTFAL! This thing is the SCHITE!!!
    She runs flawlessly with the ADI ammo with gas port at about 1/2 open. So there is plenty adjustment as she wears in.

KT

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Okay, so the flash hider slides over the barrel then? It looks like the FH is about 5" long. I was thinking actual barrel was much shorter, like 11.5 ish.

Top Bottom